We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Open on Christmas Day?

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants Open on Christmas Day?

We live in Louisville and my parents live in Corbin and we're planning to meet up in Lexington on Christmas day and have either a late lunch or dinner together. Can anyone give me some ideas of restaurants that might be open tomorrow? Doesn't have to be fine dining, but would like something a step up from Applebees. Great atmosphere would be a bonus. Thanks for your help!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day?

Sorry I missed your post, for some reason I am not getting the email notifications. I hope you were able to find something. I am not in town, so I am not sure what was going to be open. Winchell's used to be, but they decided to close this year.

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day?

Thanks George! We ended up at Kilburn's Restaurant within The Campbell House Inn. The atmosphere was lovely and the restaurant was completely full. They had a really nice Christmas buffet and my parents, who can be picky, seemed to really enjoy it.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day?

I forgot about them. I live around the corner and I remember the banner now. I went there for my college graduation. We had a party of 19 and they did a wonderful job.

4. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 10:49