We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muthanga or Tholpetty

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
27 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Muthanga or Tholpetty

Between Muthanga and Tholpetty, which has more probability of wildlife sightings? I understand that wildlife sighting is pure luck...but still if any one has any input it would really help me to finalise my itinerary. We would be travelling in mid Jan.

Also, is it advisable to do safari in nagarhole while staying in tholpetty...Or safari in Bandipur while staying in Muthanga?

Mentioned in this post
Bandipur
Bandipur
Chamarajanagar District, India
Kozhikode, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Muthanga or Tholpetty

Hi Koel,

Thank you for the query. Both Muthanga and Tholpetty are almost the same. Tholpetty is in the northern part of Wayanad near Mananthavady and Nagarhole. You can do a Nagarhole safari while staying in Tholpetty. Muthanga is 14 kilometers away from Sulthan Bathery towards Bangalore and Bandipur is almost 70 kilometers away from Muthanga.

Hope this answers your question. If there is anything else, please let us know.

Regards,

Jibu Thomas

In wayanad Travel Planners

Mentioned in this post
Wayanad District
Wayanad District
Kerala, India
Mananthavady
Mananthavady
Wayanad District, India
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
Bandipur
Bandipur
Mumbai...
Level Contributor
27 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muthanga or Tholpetty

Thank you for the reply. Yeah even i was thinking of choosing Tholpetty only. Your answer helped me finalise it.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Muthanga or Tholpetty

Hi,

Tho;petty would be an ideal choice. You can take a safari in Naagarahole Tiger Reserve which is close by. If you opt for Muthanga, Bandipur Tiger Reserve is far off.

Mentioned in this post
Bandipur
Bandipur
Mumbai...
Level Contributor
27 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muthanga or Tholpetty

Thanks a lot for the suggestion :)

5. Re: Muthanga or Tholpetty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Wayanad District