We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steak restaurant in Winterset?

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
Steak restaurant in Winterset?

We visited the Bridges a few years ago and had a FANTASTIC dinner at a steak restaurant that I think was pretty close to a Super 8...if I remember right, it was in an off-white colored strip mall type of a building... We're headed your way again in a few weeks and I wondered if anyone could tell me (1) whether it's still open and (2) what it's called.

Thanks, Melissa

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
505 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steak restaurant in Winterset?

Was the restaurant actually in Winterset? There is a good grill-your-own steak restaurant just off of I-80 at the Waukee/Booneville exit called Rube's. It is located by some sort of old motel. Here more information:

https://rubessteaks.com/index.php/

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Steak restaurant in Winterset?

Yeah...we stayed at the Super 8 and had a steak dinner nearby that was the best we've ever had! I can't recall exactly what it was, but they had some kind of topping for their steaks...like a garlic butter type of thing...that was delicious.

Can anyone help?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
505 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steak restaurant in Winterset?

I checked the Super 8's website and it mentions the following restaurants (that aren't fast food or chains) within a mile of the hotel: Chancer's, Cooking from the Heart, Northside Cafe and Rudy's. It looks like the hotel also has some type of restaurant affiiliate. If none of those names looks familiar, I might suggest calling or e.mailing the hotel to see if the staff can tell you the restaurant name.

Regardless, the food sounds great! I'll have to go down there to check it out sometime!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Steak restaurant in Winterset?

I think it's Rudy's. I"m going to call and ask if they have a butter garlic sauce for their steaks.

5. Re: Steak restaurant in Winterset?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 01:46