We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Religion, places, accommodation

2 posts
Save Topic
Religion, places, accommodation

Hi everybody,

I'd like to visit Nakhchivan in October, but I need to know some issues,

What is their currency?

What is the religion in Nakhchivan?

Do they speak English? I don't know Turkish!!!

Shall I wear Hijab?

Is any alchololic drinks legal there?

And if u can consider some places for staying but on budget!

And how many days do you recommend for staying?

Thanks in advance,

6 replies to this topic
Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Religion, places, accommodation

Hi,

Nakchivan is a part of the Azerbaijan, but they have some different rules because it is autonomous republic. The currency is the same = Azerbaijani manat. Most of the people are muslim as everywhere in Azerbaijan, some people speaks english russian. You do not have to wear Hijab, it is up to you. Also you could use alcoholic drinks, they are legal. If you mean only stay in Nakchivan city, 2-3 days are enought, but you'll need at least a week to visit all autonomous republic.

NOTE: Try their special foods. Nakchivan's cuisine is the one of the most populars.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Religion, places, accommodation

Tnx buddy,

Do I need to supply a visa for entering Nakhchivan?

If yes what is the differences between Nakhchivan's Visa and Azerbayjan's visa?

Because I'm traveling using my own car I need to know more specifics about the roads, and the situation of entering with a foreign car!

Thanks

I consider staying there for 5 days.

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Religion, places, accommodation

You do not need any extra visa for Nakhchivan, as it is a part of Azerbaijan and Azeri visa applies there. But if you are going to cross Iran, which you probably will as you are traveling by car, you will have to get Iranian visa as they may not let you in without a legit visa.

Europe
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Religion, places, accommodation

You can travel with your AZ visa. If you come from and leave to AZ mainland by plane, your single-entry AZ visa stays valid. Airport control is strict and unfriendly. They have some conspiracy mania, just go through it and take it as a funny part of the experience. Alcohol is available and dress code is normal, just wear long trousers please. Few people speak English, but you will always get through somehow. Accommodation is easy to find because everybody is helpful and hospitable. Visit Ordubad. My favourite.

Nakhchivan...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Religion, places, accommodation

You do not need any different visa .

Edited: 10 November 2017, 12:11
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1 post
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Religion, places, accommodation

Hi, We visited in 2014 and found it a lovely destination. We used Natig who supplied us with a great guide/driver called Emil (I think his given name is Hassan). We spent 3 days there. Clothes are no problem. Enjoy.

Reply to: Religion, places, accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nakhchivan