We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

Midwest
Level Contributor
938 posts
422 reviews
Save Topic
Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

My son and his friend are going to Lollapalooza and need a hotel Aug. 2 and 3. I'd like to get them a room near O'Hare, so they can take the train into downtown. The hotels I've checked so far won't allow anyone under 21 to check in. Does anyone know of hotels around O'Hare that will take 18-year-olds?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,450 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

Not out there but in the city you should call/contact theses hotels directly: Red Roof Inn, Hotel 71, River Hotel, Inn of Chicago and The Hitlon and Tower. They may be able to help you. Also Hostel International in the Loop. Call them about their current policy as it may have changed. All other hotels require 21 yrs. You may have waited until too late. The Lolla attendees from years past who know about this problem may have booked up the under 21 rooms already. Good luck.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

Try the O'Hare Airport Hilton - $139 for two double beds on his dates, check-in age is 18, and it is ON TOP of the Blue Line train - no need for a shuttle, and it's much easier if they need to split up. Nice property, too.

If you want to keep looking further, www.hotels.com has minimum check-in ages listed under the individual hotel and titled, "What You Need to Know"

Midwest
Level Contributor
938 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

Thanks, pgo. I didn't think about the Hilton at ORD - stayed there myself, so I know right where the Blue Line is. It's a bit pricey at $139 plus $33 off-site parking. But we may have to resort to that.

Anyone know of any cheaper hotels in the vicinity that'll take 18-year-olds?

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

Lollapalooza-goers book the less expensive hotels in droves by early July. Do not wait around for a bargain to fall into your laps.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,538 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

Minimum check-in age is 18 - expedia.com/Chicago-Hotels-Hyatt-Rosemont-Ne…

Midwest
Level Contributor
938 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

Thanks everyone. WIll check those out!

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

If staying at the O'hare Hilton, perhaps he could use one of the long-term airport lots and take the airport transit to the hotel.

8. Re: Chicago - hotel near O'Hare that will accept 18-year-olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 10:49