We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
710 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

I've read that with groups they encourage sharing but maybe they were only referring to side dishes. I am not a big meat eater; the steaks are huge here and a doggie bag isn't an option. Would it be okay for my husband and I to share a steak? I wouldn't mind paying a sharing charge. It would be better than paying for two steaks and wasting so much meat. Thanks.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,973 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

why not order fish or pasta? I think it's kind of lame to go to Gibsons and share a steak.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
710 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

The whole point in going is to be able to taste the Midwestern beef which I've heard is so good. I like how they do it in Tuscany where the huge Florentine beefsteak is always shared.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,973 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

I meant one order the steak and one order fish. That way you can taste.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

You are asking a factual question that is best answered by a phone call to the restaurant.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 17:55
Chicago
Level Contributor
830 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

I would call to see about a charge, but I mean, it's not like they could physically stop you from sharing a steak :) I'm sure plenty of people have done it before. I've done that at other places where the apps looked better than the entrees, so we ordered a few apps and then split an entree. No big deal.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,823 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

You should call the restaurant and ask them.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

We have friends that alway share a pepper filet, but definately share a double baked potato as you could feed a family of four with one of those things. As someone mentioned you could order seafood and you're allowed to order that from Hugo's (next door) extensive menu.

8. Re: Steak Sharing at Gibsons?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 05:47