We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago Premium Outlets

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
627 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Chicago Premium Outlets

I noticed that there is a Premium Outlets in Chicago but says it is in Aurora. How far is that and what would be the best way to get there, not by car, by transit?

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g35805-i32-k542709…

This is only one of the more recent threads on the Aurora outlet. If you type Aurora outlet or something like that into the search engine you will get many more. The consensus is that it is not easy to get to by public transit and pretty much not worth the effort.

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
627 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

Wow from the posts it seems pointless. I guess it is hit and miss at each of these Premium Outlets. The two in Vegas are pretty good so I figured the one in Chicago would be too. But with it way out in the suburbs or in Indiana, no point in wasting a day travelling there and back. Will just check out the places in town

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
410 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

The outlet mall run by the Premium Outlet company is going to be pretty much the same everywhere. Only you can judge whether that is a worth a car rental, which is what it would take.

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
627 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

I will pass on the rental. Add in the parking costs at the hotel, staying at the Hyatt Regency, and it is not worth the bother.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,648 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

It's not worth it. Randii is right: only you can judge if it's worth it for you to waste precious holiday time. If you type Premium Outlet Mall in the Chicago search engine you'll find that the general consensus from TA advisors over the last years is that it is not worth the time and effort.

Brookfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

The Aurora outlet is not that great and definitely not worth the travel time from downtown. If you really want to do an outlet mall and get there by Public Transportation. Lighthouse Outlets in Michigan City Indiana is the same distance accesible by the South Shore train and nicer.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

yes I have found the Premium Outlets to vary greatly in merchadise.

I too like Las Vegas and also Cabazon when I travel to Palm Springs

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
627 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

I would rather stick in the city, go to the various stores and do the shopping there. No need for us to venture way out for the Outlets. Unlike Vegas where they are near Fremont Street Downtown Vegas and the other is a Mall rebranded as the Premium Outlets and you can take a bus that goes dorectly to either. Thanks for the info everyone.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

Aurora is 45 minutes from Chicago by car- not really do able by transit but if you rent a car it's an easy drive with GPS

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,648 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chicago Premium Outlets

Why are we resurrecting this thread?