We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online Discounts/Coupons

ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Online Discounts/Coupons

When I visited Chicago in the summer of 2010, I found a site with online discount coupons (restaurants, boat tour, etc.) but I can't seem to find it this year, and I will be there in two weeks. Does anyone know of a site that offers online discounts for Chicago activites such as these?

Thanks!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

explorechicago.org/city/en/supporting_narrat…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

I also subscribed to Groupon Chicago in advance of our trip and have found several good deals there for attractions and tours.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

I can't find it either, I think when the coupons expired on April 30, 2012 that they didn't update it. Groupon is a good place to look so is Goldstar, both offer boat tours from time to time, Groupon has a lot of restaurant coupons. Museum discounts seem to be a thing of the past unless you are an Illinois resident, they've done away with free days for non residents at most of the big attractions.

I think this was the old link, it was called the Chicago Guide to Special Values

chicagoofficeoftourism.org/chicagocoupons/

ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

I found the link...choosechicago and I think it it doesn't have as good of deals as it did two years ago. I did check with Groupon and will check again between now and our departure. I'll check Goldstar, but I know eventful is another site as well. Unfortunately, the things we will be doing will be free (except for the shopping), as I don't think I'll find much of a deal on cover charges to jazz clubs :)

...and the restaurants we want to visit this time around don't have any deals at the moment...here's hoping!

Thanks!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

You can sign up for a daily deal email from Groupon, but most of the restaurants I see on there are outside tourist central. Deals are only good for a day or two. You aren't likely to find a Groupon for a popular downtown restaurant if that's what you are looking at, I'm guessing they don't need to get people in that way.

Goldstar has a variety of entertainment options, also if you are interested in theater hottix.org has listings on Tuesday sometimes for the whole week. Just be careful that you aren't picking something in the suburbs, I see theater offerings for some of the far out suburbs all the time on there.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

Which restaurants are you hoping to visit?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

Entertainment books are now on sale for $15 and free shipping. One or two meals will pay for the book. http://www.entertainment.com

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

You can try this site to catch more than just Groupon:

http://onespout.com/deals#city=Chicago%2C+IL%2C+USA

9. Re: Online Discounts/Coupons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:12