We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to tour Shedd...

OK
Level Contributor
61 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
How to tour Shedd...

If my choices are July 3, 4, or 5th, is there a best day among the three days to visit Shedd? Tue, Wed, or Thurs? Also what is the best order to see everything. We plan to get there early and buy tickets in advance. I'm trying to nail down dates so that I can start to buy tickets. However, S & I isn't even selling Coal Mine until March 15th, so I will wait until then to buy all our museum tickets.

Thanks

JJ

chicago
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to tour Shedd...

i would go the 4th, lots of people wil be at bbqs

you will have to work around your tickets for the show

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to tour Shedd...

There was a huge line last Saturday, one of the slowest times of the year so any day over the 4th will be a madhouse. The 4th could be a little better.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,004 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to tour Shedd...

IMO - it's a toss-up. It will be crowded on all of your days.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,283 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to tour Shedd...

Buy the earliest admission time on any of the days you note. It's going to be a summer vacation madhouse no matter which day you choose. If you think that the 4th will be slower then there are probably thousands of other people thinking the same thing.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to tour Shedd...

It will depend on the weather too. If the third is rainy, and the fourth sunny, then the third will be the most busy.

6. Re: How to tour Shedd...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:46