We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

Level Contributor
132 posts
Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

If i book spothero ticket for parking when entering parking zone do i have to press bottun or just scan bar code ????

confuse this , concern if hit button ticket then i have to pay for ticket park instead of my barcode already paid online ,

Best Seller
Chicago Architecture River Cruise
3,226 Reviews
from US$ 41.44*
Viator VIP: Willis Tower Skydeck...
104 Reviews
from US$ 124.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
181 Reviews
from US$ 79.00*
18 replies to this topic
1. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 September 2018, 17:43

Level Contributor
3,505 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

You pull the ticket when you enter but then you just show the bar code when you leave. I park in this garage all the time. There are usually some attendants there if you have a problem with scanning.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,798 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

If you have the Spothero app on a smartphone, you don’t need to pull a ticket. The parking pass will show up in your phone app. You’ll use it to enter and exit the parking lot. https://spothero.com/faq/

Level Contributor
3,505 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

When I have parked in the Mill lot it states to pull the ticket and then show the pass when you leave. I am not sure why it says that but guess I am a rule follower. Next time I will check to see if the gate goes up if you just show the ticket from your app. I don’t think it has the scanners when you enter but I could be wrong.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,755 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

Different garages have different setups. Usually, scanning the bar code on your smartphone works.

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

It varies by the garage and you have to read the directions when you make the reservation.

Some garages make you pull the ticket when you enter, put the ticket in the machine when you leave and THEN you scan the bar code. Other garages don't care about you pulling the ticket and are bar code only for both entry and exit. Other garages have you scan the bar code, pull the ticket, park and then only enter the ticket in the machine when you leave.

Its all confusing and depends on the system the garage uses.

Level Contributor
132 posts
7. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

oh my gods this is not accurate , so which one ???

anyone park latest update check in ???

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

I am not trying to be inaccurate. It really does vary by garage.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,755 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

Look for a scanner first.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask

SpotHero will give you specific details on parking and redemption instructions.

For example, the last time I used SpotHero, they provided the following information specific to that garage:

* Getting There - The provide detailed information on how to get to the entrance, if there are mutliple entrances, if the street is one-way, etc.

* Things You Should Know - details specific to that parking garage or lot, such as if the facility does NOT allow in/out privileges, etc.

* How to Redeem - This will tell you if you need to scan the QA code or if you need a ticket.

Some parking lots do not have any tickets or QR codes. Sometimes it is as simple as needing to make sure your license plate matches the plate (entered in your account) on your parking pass, and you are parked within your pre-selected reservation times. If this is the case, this will be noted in your parking pass details.

What you need to do after booking your parking to find the information:

- If you are on your computer, go to My Account > Reservations > Under Rental ID, click the Parking Pass link

- If you have the mobile app, go to Passes > select the parking pass and scroll down to find Redemption Instructions

What people are telling you above is NOT inaccurate. It really boils down to the parking garage or lot that you pick.

Edited: 21 September 2018, 10:35
Reply to: Parking ticket ( spothero ) ask
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted