We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short trip report

California
Level Contributor
706 posts
6 reviews
short trip report

Just wanted to write a quick trip report. Many thanks for the great help! We went for a long weekend.

We arrived late at the Boise Airport. Good news is that the car rentals are in the airport and the cars are right outside. We stayed at an airport hotel and were in our hotel room within thirty minutes of getting off the plane.

In Stanley, we were told to go to Redfish and it was packed! We couldn't find a place to park. This was in July on a weekend but I would give Redfish a "pass". The only exception would be if you booked a campsite so you would have parking near the campsite or if you went very early. In the end, we explored the Stanley area and hiked around the Stanley Lake area.

That night, we drove further out to look at the stars. It was amazing!

The next day, we hiked at Pettit Lake. There are a few other lakes in that area and it was lovely and much quieter.. This was my favorite place to hike. Of course, I am partial to hiking near lakes.

We were planning to do the Washington Lake and Fourth of July hikes but the road wasn't paved and we decided to head to Pettit Lake.

The next day, we went to the Craters of the Moon National Park on our way to the airport.It was interesting but very hot!

Many thanks to all!

4 replies to this topic
Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
840 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: short trip report

Thanks for the report!

Idaho
Level Contributor
260 posts
133 reviews
2. Re: short trip report

Thank you for the report. It is always nice to see what others think of our area. Redfish is crazy busy during the month of July - some of us "locals" tend to avoid it unless it's earlier or later in the summer when you have the opportunity to have a little less people.

California
Level Contributor
706 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: short trip report

I agree. It is always interesting to see what others think. Thank you both for the great help!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,556 posts
153 reviews
4. Re: short trip report

Sounds like a fun short getaway. Thanks for reporting back!

Reply to: short trip report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stanley