We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes or no see'ums in late September?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes or no see'ums in late September?

We plan on hiking and kayaking 3rd week in September and would we be on the menu? We are looking at a cabin, believe it or not, on Mosquito Bay!

Any other place or bay on Priest lake that has none (or less anyway) flying pesks if they are even present?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes or no see'ums in late September?

really, you are asking if there is some place that has less bugs?? i would be a millionaire if i could predect something like that. sorry, but we have people come and ask, "how far north do you go before the deer turn into elk...?", i can't at this moment think of the questions that we are asked about, living in the woods..

all depends on weather, wind, luck of the draw..what is happening on THAT day...bugs..who knows..

but you will have a good time in our wonderful state..idaho.

Idaho
Level Contributor
224 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes or no see'ums in late September?

We were in Priest River a few years ago in mid to late September and I don't remember the bugs being terrible. My husband fished quite a bit and he doesn't remember them being bad either. Not a bad idea to keep a good supply of repellent handy just in case.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes or no see'ums in late September?

bugs, totally depends on the frost..if i were a betting gal, i would say that they would be all gone...but , on bugs, i wouldn't bet a cent..we have had mosquitos in feburary..at 6000 feet, during the winter..

4. Re: Mosquitoes or no see'ums in late September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 19:34

Reply to: Mosquitoes or no see'ums in late September?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Priest Lake