We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little St. Simons Island

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Little St. Simons Island

what is the nearest airport to Little St. Simons Island? Does anyone know the last ferry to Little St. Simons Island?

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
740 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little St. Simons Island

Have you contacted Little St. Simons? When you book there, they will pick you up when you arrive at the north end of the Island. I am not a big fan of Little St Simons as I had a bad experience there two years ago; however, former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and his wife have taken over the operation on the Island as well as the Marina on St. Simons. It seems to be running better with Rose at the helm at the Marina, but I don't know who is running the hotel on Little St Simons as Andy was let go. There are two airports. One is Brunswick Ga which is a commuter connector from Atlanta and the other is Jacksonville Fl where you will find better rates and is a 1 1/2 hour drive. People love or are disappointed in Little St Simons. It depends on your expectations. Post back and we can get a better impression of what it is you are expecting.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little St. Simons Island

Hi Susanna,

Would you e-mail me your experiece? rosezhao@gmail.com

Thanks.

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
740 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little St. Simons Island

I'll send you a private message. Just check your profile.

washington dc metro
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little St. Simons Island

We had a lovely day trip to Little Saint Simons some time ago. Sussana is correct you must arrange your boat transport directly with Litte Saint Simons. You drive to Hampton Point area of Saint Simons to catch the boat and leave your car. You may also check airfares to Savannah. Its about 10 minutes longer than the drive from Jacksonville but I find that sometimes the fares from DC are better to JAX and sometimes to SAV. Glenco commuter airport in Brunswick is a good choice if you are short on time. Rental cars should be less at JAX or SAV.

cinti, oh
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little St. Simons Island

How long was the boat ride over? Was it smooth? Thank you.

Saint Simons Island...
Level Contributor
217 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Little St. Simons Island

You will need to book with Little St. Simons for the transport from St. Simons. As for airports, you can usually find a great price flying directly into Brunswick if you can fly Delta all the way. It is very convenient and has only one gate so is never crowded. It's always my first choice.

7. Re: Little St. Simons Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island