We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas at Vero Beach

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas at Vero Beach

We are due to be staying at Disney's Vero Beach resort for a couple of days over the Holidays this year and as part of a longer tour of FLorida incorporating Key West, Miami and Orlando.

I've already discovered that the McKee Park will be closed but do any 'local experts' out there have any suggestions for places to go on 24th or 25th of December.

I'm assuming that the resort restaurants will be open (I'll check though LOL) but perhaps there is an Xmas Eve Party or similar that might be worth a look?

Thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,911 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas at Vero Beach

Check out Captain Hirams in Sebastian, about 20 minutes north of the Disney Resort, you are also about 20 minutes north or Vero Beach. This is a nice resort but it is not near anything. There are some hotels/ restaurants beachside in Vero Beach that may have something going on but you sometimes have to wait until November until they advertise what they are doing for Xmas & New Years. A lot of places are closed on Christmas Day. I would make sure the Disney Resort Restaurants will be open that day. (I went thru this elsewhere and we ended up with Cheeze Its and wine for Christmas dinner)

Check out the Ocean Grill-they have great food it they are open.

Edmonton
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas at Vero Beach

We'll be at Disney's Vero Beach resort on those days too, and the only restaurant available at the resort on Christmas day is Shutters. (I've already booked our Christmas dinner, but will be looking out to see if anywhere else is doing a special Christmas banquet)

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,911 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas at Vero Beach

www.verobeachrestaurants.com

Here is a website I found that may help. I have only eaten at the Ocean Grill, Montes and the Patio. I liked all 3. But you will at least be able to find out if any will be open at Christmas. There are other restaurants in town besides this list. I think this is composed of more fine dining type of places.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas at Vero Beach

Thanks both.

Let me know if you have any luck with the 'banquet' idea. I know that Shutters is OK, but a slightly more salubrious Christmas Dinner would be nice.

Shame the other restaurant isn't open - Sofia's I think?

I'll keep searching, and I'll check out that link too.

5. Re: Christmas at Vero Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 12:46