We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Rental

Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Rental

Hi, TA Friends! My husband and I (mid-50's) are looking to rent a place in Venice for Dec and Jan. Remarkably, we found a suitable place. We will also be bringing our highly active lab mix -- Abby. We are from Michigan.

I've been to a few different gulf coast communities -- Tampa, Sarasota, Treasure Island, Naples -- but have never been to Venice. We are staying for a few weeks to get a feel for the area for a potential move in the next couple of years.

I'd like to know some of the best local things to do -- touristy as well as local preferences. Beaches, restaurants, music. We are also looking for biking, walking trails or other outdoor type activities.

Very happy to see there is a nice dog park and even a dog beach! I also have a concern (may a phobia) about alligators. Not me -- but I'm so afraid for my dog.

We are looking at Venice as well as Englewood for a permanent residence. If we move here, we would get a day boat to get on the water, so knowing the best marinas or canal home areas (if available here) would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Englewood
Englewood
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,209 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Rental

You will have to do much this research while you are here.

If you want something close to the beach you should be looking on Venice Island.

This area has a charming downtown and dining/shopping options..

www.visitsarasota.org

There is no way to give real estate advice without knowing much more about your price range, amenities, etc. etc.

You can go to www.realtor.com and research properties.

~SRQgirl

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
2. Re: Winter Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2017, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Venice