We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Venice area...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
804 posts
212 reviews
First time to Venice area...

We are going to Redington Beach for Spring Break, but our rental ends earlier than our airplane! I'm looking for two nights in the Venice area (March 31-April 2) so our kids can find some shark teeth. It's really hard to find a place during peak season for two nights for under $500 (total). Is it going to be really hard to get to Venice during Spring Break (on a Saturday morning). As in, if we stay inland will it take forever to get over the bridge/to the beach???

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,011 posts
22 reviews
11. Re: First time to Venice area...

Excellent, glad you got some. Where did you stay? Where have you eaten?

Was the Red tide bad?

Kent
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
80 reviews
12. Re: First time to Venice area...

hi amanx, we stayed at inn at the beach, was absolutely beautiful and so clean, about 50 meters from the beach, we only had 2 nights and i ate at the carney? restaurant and bar, was very nice, hub was gonna get pizza after but at 9.30 it was closed! everything shut so early, they said it's because there are a re lot of oldies lol. the daquari bar stayed open later but that was all. we also ate at texas tonys i think it was called, on the tamiami trail i think, that was ok too. mainly italian places to eat and i don't like italian lol so stick to more american places, a very nice area and we went to the ideal classic car showroom as we was leaving amazing cars there

i don't know what red tide is, a lot of beaches had been churned up by the storms and had bits of seaweed/wood type but not too bad

Edited: 30 September 2016, 19:07
Kent
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
80 reviews
13. Re: First time to Venice area...

hi amanx, we stayed at inn at the beach, was absolutely beautiful and so clean, about 50 meters from the beach, we only had 2 nights and i ate at the carney? restaurant and bar, was very nice, hub was gonna get pizza after but at 9.30 it was closed! everything shut so early, they said it's because there are a re lot of oldies lol. the daquari bar stayed open later but that was all. we also ate at texas tonys i think it was called, on the tamiami trail i think, that was ok too. mainly italian places to eat and i don't like italian lol so stick to more american places, a very nice area and we went to the ideal classic car showroom as we was leaving amazing cars there

i don't know what red tide is, a lot of beaches had been churned up by the storms and had bits of seaweed/wood type but not too bad

Edited: 30 September 2016, 19:08
14. Re: First time to Venice area...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2017, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Venice