We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time from Key West

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
310 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Drive time from Key West

Plan to drive north from Key West in February - how long will it take me to get to Venice

Thanks

2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Drive time from Key West

The drive time will depend clear on how fast you can get from Key West up to Homestead as you go up US1 through Marathon, Islamorada and Key Largo.

My private recommendation would be at Homestead go up FL997 thru downtown all the way to US27 and then pick up Alligator Alley. Do not go Turnpike up to I75 or US 41 if you are looking to do it quickly!

2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Drive time from Key West

The drive time will depend clear on how fast you can get from Key West up to Homestead as you go up US1 through Marathon, Islamorada and Key Largo.

My private recommendation would be at Homestead go up FL997 thru downtown all the way to US27 and then pick up Alligator Alley. Do not go Turnpike up to I75 or US 41 if you are looking to do it quickly!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Drive time from Key West

We have driven to Key West from Venice (and back) many many times. I'd like to mention possibly taking Card Sound Road. Small toll, have a bite and a beer at Alabama Jacks. Listen to some great music. 7 - 8 hrs is a good guideline.

14. Re: Drive time from Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2018, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Venice