We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

My family and I have been to Disneyworld numerous times but we never visited Busch Gardens before. We would love to start going to BG but only during off peak time because we are so over the wall to wall crowds in busy season at disney or risk a favorite ride being closed when going during off peak times. I guess i'm trying to find out when is the best time to visit BG?? Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

BEST times are end of April after Easter and Spring Breaks, all of May(except Memorial Day Weekend), and November/beiginning of December before Xmas break, and most of January.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Tampan,

Would you say mother's day weekend be a good time to visit?? Or I was thinking about going in a couple of weeks since it would be Mardi Gras here.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Mothers Day weekend should be ok, the weekends can get busy sometimes(although ive been on a saturday, and walked on every ride once)..i would contact the park, and they may be able to give you a better idea. Winter Breaks are starting up north, and it can get very busy in Tampa from next week through mid-April.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

I would think that any weekday in May would be fine. The kids are still in school here and Spring break is over.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Hildyi,

I was also thinking about going the Monday and Tuesday after Easter which is the 9th and the 10th of April just for a quick getaway.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Hi MMitchell29,

I would recommend visiting the park on the 10th. The kids in Hillsborough County don't have school on 4/9 so it may be a little crowded that day.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Hildyi,

So maybe 10th and 11th are better days which means tuesday and wednesday. That sounds like a winner to me.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Sounds great! Let me know if you have any other park questions. We have annual passes and go there frequently. I joke all the time that I could probably walk the park with my eyes closed. LOL

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

Hildyi

I do have one question about the weather, Is it really hot and humid or is it perfectly spring time right now?

oohh I think I will stay at the new Country Inn and suites which is a little confusing because it says it's located in Tampa/Brandon

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Do Busch Gardens and Disney share the same crowd level??????

That must be the new one close to the junction of I-75 and Hwy 60, just on the West edge of Brandon. There are quite a few chain restaurants at the NE corner of that junction as well as a Hooters and Sweet Tomatoes immediately North of Country Inn. Plus the Brandon Mall on the SE corner. The hotel itself is in the SW corner.