We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Restaurants

We will be staying at Hampton inn Tampa-North. 7 days beginning of November for testing at Moffitt. Any suggestions for things in a 5 mile area. Good pub type food, take out, hidden gems. Mom and pop food. Any help, if my husband proceeds with stem cell transplant we will b in Tampa another 2 weeks after so even good home style food. Thanks

Tampa Bay CityPASS
25 Reviews
from US$ 107.00*
St. Petersburg Private Sunset Cruise
28 Reviews
from US$ 64.15*
Special Offer
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
33 Reviews
from US$ 84.99*
US$ 96.29
2 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
162 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants

If staying towards Moffitt, you will be in the USF area. Fowler Ave has every type of chain and many ethnic restaurants. In Temple Terrace, also near, there are more local places (Stefanos for Greek, homemade food). There is another road, Dale Mabry Highway, that has even more than Fowler Ave. Lutz (north of USF) has mom and pop places too. This can get you started on more specific searches. Best wishes for your husband’s results and recovery.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants

That Hampton is just off Fletcher Ave and near I-75. There is a Bob Evan's across Fletcher. There is a Cracker Barrel on Bruce B. Downs Blvd north of the intersection with Bearss Ave. Going north from there is Mr. Dunderbak's, a German beer garden themed place, also the Acropolis Greek Taverna.

Look for places on 56th St. between Fletcher Ave. and going south to Busch Blvd.

Maybe the Windmill Café and Taphouse, just south of Fowler Ave on the east side of 56th St.

Besides chain fare like Carrabba's and Outback Steakhouse, there are various ethnic restaurants (Thai, Indian, Peruvian, Middle Eastern, Mexican) along 56th St. between Fowler and Busch Blvd/Bullard Pkwy.

In New Tampa, at I-75 and Bruce B. Downs Blvd. there are many more restaurants

Reply to: Restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted