We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel?????

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel?????

We are planning our first trip to Siesta Key in July for 5 days. It will be my wife and 3yo son. We are looking for a nice clean hotel on the beach (Crescent Beach) at a reasonable rate. We are looking for something within walking distance or a short drive to resturants in the area. The hotels must have a pool and kitchen in the room. I have narrowed it down to two.

1. Sea Crest

2. Tropical Shores.

Both appear to have what we are looking for and are very close in price. Any recommendations or suggestions on either property would be a big help. Also any other suggestions for other properties would be great.

Thanks in advance

Edited: 11 May 2010, 19:45
Mentioned in this post
Crescent Beach
Crescent Beach
871 Reviews
Siesta Key, FL
North Carolina
Level Contributor
139 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel?????

We are staying at Cresent Towers on Siesta Key and they have a kitchen in the unit. Nice clean room and the area is very quiet. I would stay here again if we come back here. It has a pool kinda small but I don't think any place has a big pool. The rentals are from Sat-Sat. Hope this helps you!

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
114 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel?????

I also love crescent towers. It is right on the beach and you can walk out your door. It is clean and has a full kitchen. I've stayed at tropical shores also, and although it was lovely and beautifully landscaped, it was not right on the beach. It was only a short walk away but you could not see the ocean from your room and you had to carry your beach stuff with you down the path. We just thought it was more convenient to go right out the door and with children a lot easier to get lunch in the apt or use the restroom.

3. Re: Which Hotel?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key