We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

nyc
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

Hi. I haven't posted in a while but I read the posts on this and the Sarasota Board everyday ...and have learned so much. We are coming down mid-August for 7 - 10 days - me, hubby and twin girls, age 8. We are really splurging and staying at the Hyatt Siesta Key for a week (and may also stay in Sarasota afterrwards for 2-3 days). I know there are many activities to do in the area ...but we mainly want to stay around the pool of the Hyatt, be at the Beach, eat at some of the places and just enjoy the amenities at the Hyatt. But part of me feel like I shoud be planning other activities.Question: Do You/Families just come down for the beach/pool and do little of other activites?

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

Absolutely, we have many guests that stay on Siesta to hang at the pool, sit and soak up the sun and enjoy the gulf. The time of year you are coming is not as busy as others, and if you want to take in some additional activities, then have a spur of the moment outing. No need to plan and make reservations for everything ahead of time.

nyc
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

Thank you ...I just wanted to get some confirmations of how I was thinking.

TO
Level Contributor
925 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

It is only ever with great reluctance that I leave the beach. I wake up at 6:30 a.m. or thereabouts, go for a walk before the kids get up, have coffee/breakfast on the beach, stay on the beach all day, go in to prepare dinner, and then hurry back to the beach for the sunset festivities....I wish I were there right now!!! Your girls will love the beach...they are the perfect age to enjoy what my kids used to call the "icky stickies"- i.e. the dribbly sand castles that you can make by mixing the sand in with water...have a great time!

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

Yes we usually spend time at the beach/pool almost all day. We do split up the day a little by going shopping/eating out. This time, we're thinking of a hiring a boat along the intercoastal. Maybe this could be an option for you?

Have an awesome time! (:

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

That's one of the great things about visiting here in August. You won't have to make reservations for many things at all -- simply take it easy and go with the flow, making last minute decisions as the mood hits you. There may be one or two things that you might have to plan ahead on if you really want to do it -- say, a kayak tour -- but even there you could call the night before.

nyc
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

Thanks everyone for your comments ...I can wait to visit.

nyc
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

I meant to say I can't wait to visit (and not "can").

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
117 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

You will love it at Siesta Key. It's the best sand I've seen, including the caribbean. We usually do the beach and pool everyday, eating lunch and breakfast in our room and going out to dinner. Their is a mall over the bridge south on 41 and it has movie theaters, so we usually go to 1 or 2 in the evenings. You can do anything at the last minute. Sometimes, in the afternoon, we take a little excursion. We've gone to Mayaka State Park and rode the airboat looking for alligators and did a boat tour from the bay in Sarasota and saw dophins. The mote marine museum also has some short boat rides. This summer will be our fifth trip back to Siesta Key. But the best of all is the beach! Enjoy:)

Edited: 09 May 2010, 21:56
9. Re: Do any families just hang out at beach and pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key
Recent Conversations