We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless Sunbathing

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Topless Sunbathing

Coming from Spain, my wife would like to know if there is a problem with topless sunbathing in Sarasota, down to Casey key area. if so, why.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless Sunbathing

It is illegal. It is against the law. If she does so she will be arrested. All of the Gulf coast beaches are family oriented. If she wants to sunbathe topless there are a few places in Miami or Key West where she can do so.

2. Re: Topless Sunbathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 09:35
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless Sunbathing

If you don't like it stay in Antigua? Spain? Do we come to Spain and tell you Siesta is Stupid???????

I live in europe and I have no problem with topless bathing. But it against the law in the US on public indecency so just get over it.

Or rent a small boat and go out to sea and sunbathe topless there, or go to Key west (but then you won't get to see and use our beautiful white sand beaches.

Your choice And you are pathetic, and never had any idea of coming to Florida or you wouldn't be put off a little bit of tan lines..

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Troll!

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Sorry, I didn´t realise that a woman´s breasts were publicly indecent.

England
Level Contributor
897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless Sunbathing

When I was MUCH younger, I was once very daring (I thought) and took my top off on a Spanish beach. I didn't really want to - I just thought it was 'the thing to do'. But my 2 little boys were extremely embarrassed and, within 5 minutes, my top was on again. Some people (especially children) get embarrassed by womens' breasts. And not all the boobs on show on European beaches are as perty as those in magazines! :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless Sunbathing

I guess you didn't realise you were a troll?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Too funny

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Too funny

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless Sunbathing

We WON¨T be going to Sarasota area.

According to our research of the Florida and other state lists there were 249 registered sex offenders living in Sarasota in August 2011.

Read more: city-data.com/so/…ixzz1qcJu4VrY