We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

We are visiting Destin for the first time in a couple of weeks and are confused about what we have read about renting beach chairs and umbrellas v. bringing our own. Is there a weekly rental rate? If you bring your own chairs, can you rent an umbrella or is it a package deal? If you bring your own, do you have to setup behind the rental ones?

Thanks for any info.!

Miramar Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

Yes, there is a weekly rate. No, you can't just rent umbrella's, it is a package deal. If you bring your own you do have to setup behind the rentals. Hope that helps! I am a local that lives near Sandestin so if you have any other questions I'd be happy to help.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

Amy recommendations for who to rent through?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

Any suggestions of who to rent through?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

You can rent by the day or week. Some places will rent an extra chair or umbrella so it may be possible to rent just an umbrella. You do not have to sit behind the umbrellas. You can get out early and set up. You also have the right to set up in front of the chairs. Within so many feet of the tide line is public. Some umbrella people will try to tell you that you can not but it is legal and the sheriff would back you up. I personally think it's rude to go out and plop down in front of someone who paid, but it would be legal. I always get out early or set in front of chairs not rented.

1 post
5. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

So, if I rent an umbrella with 2 chairs can i still bring my own chairs and set them up?? Like 2 to 4 more...

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

When we stayed in Sandestin we would wake up early and just go to the right or left of all the rentals and set up there where its not so crowded. We didn't want to pay those crazy prices they charge everyday for the chair and umbrella.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

There probably won't be room for your to set up more chairs right by the chairs you rent unless they give you an end chair.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

We were just there last week for a large family reunion. We had 5-6 sets of rented umbrellas/chairs and we pulled up a bunch of chairs and umbrellas that we brought - along with ice chests, trash bags, etc., as well as people who lied out on towels. We were to the right of the walkway to the beach (looking at the water) where there was a single row of umbrellas. Probably what playachick is suggesting. There was plenty of room to handle our crowd and the water was just right there. My experience was - it can be done. Enjoy!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

So let me get this straight, if we bring our own chairs and umbrella, we have to set up behind the rentals? Is that the rule in that beach? I don't mind doing it, but it would be nice to see my kids in the water while laying out in the sand. Are there enough space in the beach for people who bring their own stuff to lay around right infront of the water?

1 post
2 reviews
10. Re: Sandestin Resort - Beach chair and umbrella rental

@sunshine&sand

Sitting in front of any chairs, rented or not is rude. Those guys work their butts off setting up that equipment every morning and get paid on commission. You plopping your own chairs right in front will keep it from getting rented. Bottom line, get there early, or take the back seat. Its very simple.

Edited: 30 May 2017, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Sandestin