We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh seafood venders on SGI???

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh seafood venders on SGI???

I believe I read somewhere that during the summer there are fresh seafood venders on the island. Any specifics would be greatly appreciated. Also, we would like to take home fresh oysters.Thanks.

St. George Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh seafood venders on SGI???

Really it''s all year round that the guys are at the same location everyday.

It is my recommedation to get your fresh seafood from "Dougs" Seafood Trailer that is located near the center of the island almost right across from BJ's Pizza.

There are two trailer vendors, Dougs and Dails. We recommend Dougs, we found that we get better quantity for the money. He is usually there daily from 8-9 am to about 4-5 in the afternoon. Go as early as possible to get the best selection.

Doug can also handle the take home of the fresh oysters as well, and Ice them down for you.

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh seafood venders on SGI???

You are the best SGI !!!! That is just the info I needed. Doug's it is for us!

TN
Level Contributor
506 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh seafood venders on SGI???

What kind of seafood does Doug's sell? Do they have shrimp?

St. George Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh seafood venders on SGI???

Yup !!!!

He has most everything.

Shrimp, oysters, mahi-mahi, flounder, scallops, clams, you name it I think he's got it.

5. Re: Fresh seafood venders on SGI???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 12:49
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island