We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Convenient/Closest Airport to fly to?

Chicago
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
Most Convenient/Closest Airport to fly to?

I'm coming in for a wedding weekend of 11/15-17. My cousin recommends flying in to either Pensacola, Tallahassee, or Panama City. Which would be the closest to SGI? My thoughts are best deals on flights from Chicago would be to Tallahassee. ANy info would be greatly appreciated.

St. George Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Convenient/Closest Airport to fly to?

I would definately not fly into Pensacola that is a long drive, you'd be best if you do that, to just drive from Atlanta when you make your connection.

You best bet probably will be Tallhassee. SGI is located almost dead right in between Tallhassee and Panama City, it's about 80 miles away from each.

Now the next question is how much difference is there in the airline fares? I would bet the expensive part of the fare from Chicago to Florida is going to be the 2nd segment of the connection which is the Atlanta to FL portion. I would think the TLH portion may be cheaper than Panama City. Who knows, the airline fares have gotten to hard to try and judge with all the junk fees hidden in..

Good Luck !!!!

2. Re: Most Convenient/Closest Airport to fly to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 05:50
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island