We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for Easter dinner

Norfolk
3 posts
Save Topic
restaurant for Easter dinner

My family will be in St Auugustine for Easter.Does anyone know what restaurants may be open? Thanks

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant for Easter dinner

Just about all of them will be open. Be sure to attend the Easter Parade downtown that weekend. That is, if you are staying in the historic district; otherwise forget driving in and parking. It will take you two hours to get outta town. It is a cute parade and the horses wear Easter bonnets.

Norfolk
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant for Easter dinner

Thank you LN. Also do you know of any restaurants or pubs that have Irish music. My father will be with us and is a fan of Irish music.

Thanks

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant for Easter dinner

The closest I've seen to Irish music was at McKnights, when they sponsored some on the Plaza. Don't know about Riley's pub....good bluegrass jam sessions at Saturday farmer's markets. Orlando will have better opportunity for Irish music. Send yer Da to http://www.duigo.com/ , this guy is GOOD and check him out if yer ever in Dingle....

Talking Rock,Ga
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant for Easter dinner

We are planning a trip that week also, and will eat at O.C. White's, Harry's, A1A , Saltwater Cowboys, and a few more. If you attend the parade, don't believe any parking attendants if they tell you the parking is free. The city has meter maids making the rounds, and will give you a ticket. I got one 3 years ago while at the parade. There was a city cop directing traffic into the lot, and even told me not to put money into the meter. I returned to a ticket. Carry plenty of quarters.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant for Easter dinner

Are you sure the ticket was for your car and not some prankster who put it on your car? Sundays and holidays ARE free at meters in town. You will still get a ticket if you park illegally at a yellow zone or other no parking area. I would have replied in a letter with the parking envelope. We *like* our tourists!

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant for Easter dinner

Capn, you are right. Perhaps they parked incorrectly and rec'd the ticket. It says right on the meter "Sundays are FREE". I know once at the beach, I parked in the wrong direction on one of those little dirt beach roads to St. Augustine Beach and rec'd a ticket. I couldn't believe it! Everyone who followed me had a ticket too.

Talking Rock,Ga
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant for Easter dinner

Nope, they routed us to that parking lot, and told us it was free. When I returned, there was a meter maid, (Male), writing tickets. I saw I had one, and ran over to him. He said , "They made me come in on my day off to issue tickets" There were 15-20 cars in our lot alone that had tickets. I told him the officer directed us to that lot, but he wouldn't listen. I will have a roll of quarters for our trip in 2 weeks.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Augustine