We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

Level Contributor
228 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

I absolutely love grouper, fried, grilled, etc. Where in PCB can I find the best grouper, hopefully at a reasonable price. Also, who has the best fried gulf shrimp? Thanks!

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
364 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

oh yeah, hubby loves grouper and loved the grouper throats at Capt Table and had great fried grouper at Pompano's

Madisonville...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

Had gulf shrimp basket at J. Michaels. Best fried shrimp and fish basket. Also, reasonable priced. Ate there last Sunday, May 31st.

Hamilton,Al
Level Contributor
364 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

The best steamed shrimp is at Buddy's Seafood and they also make thier own key lime pies, new potatoes and corn on the cob. Takeout only a good frest seafood market located near the Y hy 79

Riverside...
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

Yup grouper throats and they will let you sample them if your wish! It is the part under the nose back to the gills.

Cumming, GA
Level Contributor
54 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

Is that part of the grouper supposed to be the most flavorful or something? How does it differ from the other part of the grouper fish?

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

I really wish more of these smaller restaurants had menus online (i.e. captain's table), it makes things much easier to plan before the trip.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

The throats to me don't taste any better or worse than the rest of the grouper. Some people swear by them.

Loganville, GA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

It doesn't matter if you like the grouper throats or not, Captain's Table and Hunt's are by far the best two restaurants in Panama.

Alabama
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

We have been to virtually every seafood restaurant in PCB and always go back to Captain Anderson's for grouper. They have the grouper filets which are also called grouper throats, and they are always very good. The price last year was around $18. Go early to avoid the crowds! They have an awesome greek salad as well and the best crusted dinner rolls ever!

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Best Grouper and/or Shrimp

I had a wonderful grilled grouper sandwich at Scampy's when we went down in December. My husband had the gumbo and fried grouper which he really enjoyed. My son was about to celebrate his 14th birthday and had the all you can eat shrimp and he said it was great.

My friend will be staying at Treasure Island next week...I wonder if she would bring me back a sandwich.

Maybe I will ask :)

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach
Recent Conversations