We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas week

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
418 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas week

I will be going to Panama Beach staying in a condo with my 74 year old Mother and 54 year old brother arriving on Christmas day for 5 nights. We are staying at the Tidewater Beach Resort. Just wondering what things there might be to do? Coming from the Buffalo NY area so hoping it will be warmer than there. Lol. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Tidewater Beach Resort
Tidewater Beach Resort
664 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
7 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,241 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas week

I will be warmer, rest assured! But you picked a location that is more impacted by winter weather than say central and south Florida beaches. It’s impossible to know what the temps will be. It can be warm with highs in the 70’s or it could be highs struggling to get out of the 50’s. If it’s not windy it will be a good time to take long strolls on the beach or just park oneself on the beach soaking up sun. The water will be too cold for swimming though. There should be some dolphin tours running and will be best enjoyed on a calm,clear, sunny day. You will be able to see dolphins from the beach too. The period between Christmas and New Years will be quiet. There are stil things to enjoy like shopping and dining. I suggest a drive west down 30A. Stop in Seaside and walk around Grayton Beach with a cocktail at the Red Bar. The outlet in Destin is very popular too. When I visit the beach during this time of year I use it as a time to unwind- it’s perfect for it! There is a listing of things to do on this site. Check it out and see what appeals to you. The beaches in the Panhandle don’t close down during the winter.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Grayton Beach
Grayton Beach
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
The Red Bar
The Red Bar
1,246 Reviews
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
418 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas week

Thanks Pffootlocke. Last Christmas we went to Orlando and it was just too busy for what we were looking for. So this year we thought we would try to find somewhere a little bit more quiet and not too far of a drive. Looking forward to getting a chance just to unwind and enjoy the scenery. Thank you again for your information.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
69 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas week

Strolls on the beach are always great. A walk on one of the piers is nice too. You can do shopping and restaurants at Pier Park. Or call ahead and see if any of the beachside bar/restaurants will be open. Our favorites are Runaway Island and Pineapple Willy's.

The sunsets over the gulf are beautiful and I highly recommend taking them in. It will set early that time of year, so afterward you can head to Firefly for their happy hour menu which ends at 6 pm I think. The menu items are $15, which is much cheaper than the regular menu and very worth it. The she-crab soup is wonderful.

If you like seafood, get some peel and eat shrimp and some crab legs from Buddy's seafood market.

Bring things you like to do -- books, puzzles, etc. My mom brings her adult coloring books, and her beads to make jewelry.

St. Andrews State Park has a couple of trails that are nice. The conservation park also has many miles of trails.

Mentioned in this post
Pineapple Willy's
Pineapple Willy's
4,052 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Buddy's Seafood Market
Buddy's Seafood Market
459 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
St. Andrews State Park
St. Andrews State Park
1,755 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
418 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas week

Rob, thanks for some great ideas.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas week

Thank you so much for the info! I was just about to ask the same question for the sane week. We will be visiting from the Pittsburgh,Pa area.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
418 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas week

I am coming from the Jametown NY area near Erie PA.

Mentioned in this post
Erie
Erie
Pennsylvania
Illinois
Level Contributor
213 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas week

We will be arriving on Dec 29 and staying through the next week. I enjoying these answers as well. Thank you!

Reply to: Christmas week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach
;