We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MCO to Palm Coast by commute

Dubai
Level Contributor
336 posts
63 reviews
MCO to Palm Coast by commute

Hi guys!

This is my first time to visit the US and i am surprising my family relatives living in Palm Coast, FL.

I can drive but given the 15hr flight cross atlantic, i'd rather commute from the airport (MCO) going to their place.

How much will an Uber cost? how about an airport shuttle bus? Is there anything like that going to Palm Coast?

What could be the best way but not super expensive? Thanks in advance.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
15,974 posts
262 reviews
1. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

Look at the app Rome2Rio, it gives you the travel options between the two.

Uber will be at least $100/US there dont seam to be any cheap options.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
19,093 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

"I can drive but given the 15hr flight cross atlantic, i'd rather commute from the airport (MCO) going to their place."

My suggestion would be to spend your first night in a hotel by the airport and drive the next morning. You will be rested and awake at an early hour. IMO,a rental car is the cheapest and best way to get there.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

and by the time you get to their house (whether you drive or Uber) you'll be exhausted and not havethe energy to enjoy their company.

Echo the suggestion to stay at the airport, get a good night's sleep, then head over in the morning.

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

It is about 80 miles. There won't be a cheaper option than driving yourself.

Dubai
Level Contributor
336 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

I have not enough time to stay out. Will only be in Florida for 2 days. In any case, is the drive toward Palm coast safe and ok for a first timer in US roads? I'm poor at following a GPS :(

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,358 posts
179 reviews
6. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

The road system from Orlando airport north to Daytona Beach then Palm Coast is simple and well marked.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,386 posts
61 reviews
7. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

IMHO it is just not a good idea to do the drive after flying in, especially as it will be your first time driving in the USA and it could well be dark. You will be shattered and it won't be safe for yourself or other road users if you do decide to drive. I have driven thousands of miles all over the USA and still won't drive after flying in from the UK if I'm not staying in Orlando.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

You cannot grasp how much a hold jet lag will have on you until you've experienced it.

You might have to expose your secret and ask if they'll pick you up at the airport.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,038 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

I would not drive after a flight from Dubai- it isnt safe. Stay the night and drive in the AM.

Or send them a skype before you board and ask them to pick you up.

10. Re: MCO to Palm Coast by commute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2018, 19:48
Get answers to your questions about Palm Coast