We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

Can we walk to Epcot?

Hi there! After 4 visits to the All Star Resorts, my husband and I have opted to stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach resort for our next visit [slightly less manic than the All Star Resorts - we hope!].

We actually thought we were booking the Beach and Yacht club, as we wanted the convenience of being able to walk to MGM and Epcot, but now realise that the Caribbean Beach resort is just a little further away.

My question is, can we walk to Epcot and MGM from this resort? Bear in mind that we always walk from Epcot to MGM and back again several time a day during our trips, as it's such a nice walk, so we're not afraid of burning the shoe leather - it's just a case of whether a walkway exists.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks

Deanne

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
194 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort numerous times (it has been a few years though)...but as far as I remember there was not a walking path to get to any of the parks from there. There is however a path around the whole resort itself that is great for walking and running.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

No can do.

Level Contributor
1,317 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

mdgirl, I am staying at CBR in Sept..I requested a King bed...Will that room be larger and the decor showed as in the picture with the one bed, decorated in beige tones? In the pictures the room with the 2 double beds dont look as nice....Anyway, Just scared I will hate the resort room, but we had to save money...I am afraid it will not be clean after reading some other reviews...

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

The Carribean Beach Resort has always been our favorite resort at Disney and reminds us of the real deal. It's more relaxing because it has fewer spoiled people around than at some of the other places. The first thing I do at any hotel is check out the bathroom because I think you can tell alot by doing that and I've always been happy with the cleanliness there.

As far as negative reviews go, we've stayed at the Carribean Beach at least a dozen times and have never had a bad experience, but on the other hand we travel alot and don't necessarily look for things to ruin our trip so I certainly wouldn't pay heed to some of the complaints you've read.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
13,332 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

Hi Babygo,

I know that you can't walk from CB to Epcot, but I believe there is an easy to navigate link on Disneyworld.com. It's like a flowchart of how to get to and from anywhere. I can't do this for you as my system is soooo slow, but if you go in, and type "transportation" in search, you may find it. Yatch and Beach is fantastic for the location, but $$$$. If it's not a strain on the budget, go for it. I have not stayed at CB, but a lot of co-workers have, and they love it there. I haven't found a Diz hotel I didn't love yet!! (Hate to drive on vacation, and luv to stay in the "magic"). Happy Hols!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
194 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

BermudaObsessed: The last time I stayed a thte Caribbean Beach Resort was back in 2001 for two weeks. We ended up getting two rooms (my parents in a king room and my brother and I in a room with two queens). As for the decor, the rooms were the same. The king room did have more space in it (I honestly can't remember if there was a couch in the room or not). It is however, a typical hotel size room. During my most recent stay at WDW this past January, we stayed at the Boardwalk. The room I had w/ my boyfriend was larger (with a queen bed and sofa), while my parents opted for a large suite. My boyfriend and I have discussed going to Disney by ourselves sometime soon and we both (handsdown) agreed that we would like to stay at the Caribbean. I hope some of this helps!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

Although my favorite moderate is Port Orleans French Quarter, I've stayed at the CBR and enjoyed it a lot. But you can't walk to any of the theme parks from that resort. There are no sidewalks, and walking in the street is not recommended at all (as many people drive like complete idiots). Once you've taken the bus to either MGM or Epcot, you can walk back and forth between them as much as you want, and catch a bus back from either to your resort at the end of the day.

When are you coming to Disney World? There are times of the year when the rates at the hotels are much lower, such as early December, and January/early February. Sometimes you can get a Deluxe resort for not much more than you would pay for a moderate during regular season. It wouldn't hurt to check the rates at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk resorts, just to see if they are within your budget. The Boardwalk is actually positioned the best for walking to both MGM and Epcot, but the Yacht & Beach Club has the best pool.

Another alternative, if you really want to stay in the Epcot resort area, would be to check out rates and availability at the Dolphin or Swan hotel. You get some of the amenities of being on property, but not all. However, the location might make up for what you would be giving up if you could get a good enough rate.

8. Re: Epcot to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort by foot.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 20:51