We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi,i know this is tedious but..

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hi,i know this is tedious but..

sorry for asking but...Is it pouring with rain in orlando? I've been watching the usa weather reports and it just says its rained for a week and is going to rain all this week too. Is it a constant pouring down? We travel on Saturday and was looking forward to visiting 'the sunshine state' after the rain and flooding here this last month.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,497 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

This time of year we get afternoon thundershowers that last about and hour or so. We have had very little rain this past week and none this weekend. A couple weeks ago we had a lot of rain due to the tropical storm that was here. According to the weather I looked at there is some rain due in that will be heavier but you never know if their predictions will be correct. Try www.noaa.gov and www.accuweather.com for forcasts of Orlando and surrounding areas.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

Just because it says rain doesn't mean it will hit you. One time we had a wonderful day at a park when we returned to the resort everything was drenched we missed the rain completely. As the PP they're usually just quick afternoon downpours. I wouldn't worry about it even if it rains you'll be loving Florida

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

Also agree with both previous posters. Don't forget also that if you do have an afternoon shower it clears the air for a short while and makes the afternoon heat a little bit more bearable.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,736 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

Look at the forcasts more carefully.

If it says 50% chance of rain that means you have a 50% chance of SOME rain (even for just a few mins) at some point in that 24 hours. It also means you have a 50% chance of staying dry completely.

Also, you have picked the middle of summer/hurricane season to go, Which means chances are it will rain daily, but in PM thunderstorms in all likelyhood. Other named storms (like Debby ) will pop up time to time but no way to predict them.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

Don't stress about the rain, if it does rain its not like here, its like being in a hot shower at this time of year, sometimes its a blessed relief to get a bit of rain as its sooooo hot !!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

In my experience of looking at weather sites and being there, if it says 30% chance or less then it very rarely rains, over that it can be hit and miss

Scotland
Level Contributor
704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

We will be there same time as you! It does make me anxcious too but its not like rain here! Its very heavy but usually quite short showers everyday! (or at least thats what ive seen other july visits)

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

It has been hot the last week or two. We had a pretty big thunderstorm at my house Sunday afternoon, but it was nice when I was at the springs in the morning. It will rain inland. More often than not, it will be in the afternoon.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

Been here two weeks and was expecting constant rain. We arrived just as Debby finished. Although rain has been forecast everyday, it has only actually rained twice. Once for a couple of hours and once for about 30 minutes.

You really do need to check the 'percentage' chance of rain.

I have found the Fox 35 weather app which I downloaded to my iPhone to be the most accurate of any out there. You can often see that they predict a storm a few miles north of you, sure enough, you see the storm in the distance but are dry where you are.

I wouldn't worry about rain forecasts.

Cheers

Davy !!!

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi,i know this is tedious but..

Thank you all for your replies. We have just this afternoon had a months rainfall in 3 hours here in west yorkshire, so I am so looking forward to a bit of rain free time!