We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney dining Plan questions

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Disney dining Plan questions

1. Is the length of the plan based on the length of stay at the hotel, or the number of days at the park? We're staying at the resort for a week, but will only have a 4 day ticket. Can we just get a 4 day meal plan?

2. How does it work for under 3's? Can't buy a plan for a 2 year old, so do you just pay cash for her, or let her eat off an adults plate since she doesn't eat much?

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

The plan is for the number of nights you are staying at the resort, under 3s can eat from your plate or you can buy her own meal if you like it's totally upto you

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

Yes it is the number of nights, so if you are there for 7 nights then that is what you will get, , depends on which hotel you stay in depends on what you get included. We are staying at Old Key West, and we get 1 x table service, 1 x quick service, 1 x snack every day also 1 x refillable mug for use in hotel for duration of our stay.

Also under 3's can eat from your plate, you can get an extra plate and use that. You can purchase the dining plan for an under 3 if you want to , depending on which plan you are on, depends on how much it is. We did this a few years ago and it was £10 per day!

But Kids meals are very cheap anyway!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,724 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

"per night of your package stay"

you do get all your credits at once though so you can use them whenever and however you like during your stay - it doesn't have to be x number per day.

you can pay out of pocket for anything for your 2 year old or let her eat off your plate. she's free at buffets.

when making reservations, include her in the total number.

pa
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

When are you going ? Have you already booked ? And are the Tickets included ? Or have you bought them separately ?

Just wondering so we can advise on actually 'adding' the Dining Plan if you already have a reservation

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

I'll be making the resort reservation through RCI for a week, and getting the tickets through the military ticket program. Military plan is a 4 day parkhopper. So sounds like I'd have 3 days of points left over, because I wouldn't expect to eat at the Hotel for every meal on days we don't go to the park. It's my understanding from one of the Disney forums that for my situation I can add the DDP, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it.

pa
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

You can eat at over 100 Restaurants, not just at your Resort or the Parks but at all the other Disney Resorts as well as Downtown Disney

Here is the complete list

wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.h…

I know when renting points from DVC members you can add the Dining Plan, not sure of the RCI owner rules, curious now tho so will go scout for that info

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

One other thing for your under 3's that was implied but not specifically stated. If you eat at buffets or family style restaurants, like most of the character meals, you are free to make a separate plate for your toddler. So you can get them what they will eat without having to either alter your own menu selections or buy something for them.

8. Re: Disney dining Plan questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 14:49