We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rainy day ideas except shopping

scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best rainy day ideas except shopping

Ok I'm on day 6 and we've had 2 pretty bad wet days, so done shopping both these days. Dry tomoro so off to green meadows farm park then downtown Disney for the car show. Any suggestions for the next wet day ( due in about 3 days time). By wet I mean downpours. Don't mind walking about in a poncho when it's just a passing shower or 2 but not the whole day. Yesterday was scorching 35 degrees and a no rain at all day. Today it rained all day..... Booooo

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

rubbish today wasn't it !

We were at IOA and gave up at lunchtime. We went to see the Dictator at Point on the way home. wasn't bad. What about Disney Quest ?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

I haven't been but there is a ten pin bowling alley on Canada Avenue I drive,think it's still open, might help with a few hrs,or Dave and Busters at Pointe Orlando area, mini arcades type place, meant to be quite good,Wonderworks at Pointe . I'm grasping at straws, hope the weather improves for you.

ireland
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

During our recent trip in may we had a rainy day plan on stand by incase it rained but luckily we didn't need it. As we where staying on I drive it included a few indoor attractions that we wanted to do including CSI experience titanic wonderworks etc you would be amazed how you can fill a day.

Luton, UK
Level Contributor
357 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

I'd also recommend Disney Quest. It does get busy on wet days but there is so much to do in there for all ages

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

How about the cinema at DTD or Citywalk

Hope it picks up for you

ads - you can sit at the bar all day and get hammered

England
Level Contributor
898 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

If you've got a car, you could perhaps drive to somewhere it's not raining!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

That's a good idea moo_bear why didn't I think of that??

England
Level Contributor
898 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

susie, when we were in Greece last year, we were at Epidaurus and it was raining. We noticed that it was bright on the horizon and drove 20 miles for a day of beautiful sunshine.

However, looking at the forecast for the week after next, it looks like you'd have to drive a long way to escape the rain - perhaps as far as Arizona - lol. We'd just as well stay at home. :(

scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

I'd be happy to do that, don't think the kIds or grandparents would! Lol

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best rainy day ideas except shopping

can anyone tell me why its so rainy lately? its only may/june and your getting full days of rain, everyone says u never get full days of rain just short hour showers?