We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for dollars?

UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for dollars?

Hi Everyone,

Could you please give me some tips on the best place to pick up Dollars.

My friend travels next month and am giving her £300 ( exchange for her unlimited Disney hoppers for my trip in 2012).

Where would be best to buy dollars?

Many thanks in advance

D xx

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for dollars?

You'll have to do a comparison for the best rates. Moneysupermarket.com might help.

"My friend travels next month and am giving her £300 ( exchange for her unlimited Disney hoppers for my trip in 2012)."

Sorry what did you mean by this?? Why would you want her Disney Hoppers? You do know that you won't be able to use them if that's what you were hoping to do.

UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for dollars?

Oh - didn't realise that . Are they named on purchase?

I have only ever bought 5 day tickets from Disney before, she said they are unlimited time hoppers with 4 days left on them. Why couldn't I use them ?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for dollars?

Tickets are tied to a persons fingerprint. If she has used them they wont work for you. Wasted money!

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for dollars?

And should she want to use them they will need to be "None Expiry tickets" All others run out after 14 days starting from the first day of use.

So they may be useless to her as well.

UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for dollars?

As I said, I have had 5 day tickets from Disney before, so I know that they relate to a specific number of days.

They are a non expiry ticket.

I have seen the same tickets on sale on EBay - does that make the people bidding are paying hundreds of pounds of "wasted money"

They are over 5 years old and not been

used. Are they still useless then?

Edited: 11 September 2011, 23:06
UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for dollars?

Phew.

Confirmed non expiry, pre- finger printing hoppers. Bought before the extra security measures.

You lot had me going for a minute ;0).

Love this forum to pieces, thanks for all your advise. Will search online for best dollar prices this week

Thanks again

D xx

7. Re: Best place for dollars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 08:46