We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

Mississippi
Level Contributor
478 posts
3 reviews
Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

We are headed to Orlando next week for 3 days, I have narrowed it down to these 2 hotels. We have stayed at hard rock and absolutely loved it. But hyatt looks even more fun. Can someone tell me about the slides at hyatt? My boys loved the slide at hard rock. Are there 2 slides at hyatt and are they big? Does anyone know if all the pools are heated at hyatt? Are there a lot of kids at hyatt? I know we can't go wrong at hard rock but I am so tempted to go to hyatt & try it! I know my kids would love the caves and waterfalls and bikes and everything? Please help! We will not be visiting a park this time and won't leave resort. Just a quick getaway!! Thanks 2 boys

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

2boys - our family has stayed at both of these hotels - and are booked for our 4th 14-day return to the Hyatt this October - think that says it all!

If you do not intend to venture out of the hotel, then the Hyatt offers much more activities (and I believe better rooms).

There are 2 water slides - large and small and 3 sectioned off pools. I cannot remember the size of the slide at HRH but think it will be comparable with the Hyatt. The pools are heated (at least one of the them is) - personally I find them a bit cold to say the least, think it is the constant waterfall churning up the water! There are usually a number of other families at the hotel. At the Hyatt, you also have pitch and putt, tennis, table tennis, pedaloes, beach volleyball, bikes, rock climbing, etc. I do not think you will be disappointed at all.

The only difference you might find is that Citywalk will not be on your doorstep - but the hotel has nice (though expensive) dining and there are also restaurants within walking distance on 535.

Hope it works out,

Twinsaunt

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

Have stayed at the Hyatt twice now and would definitely recommend it. Our 7 year old son loved the caves and water slides. The other activities at the resort are very good, climbing wall, table tennis, bike/pedalo hire. We didnt find the resort busy at all during the day as everyone are at the parks.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

Have stayed at the Hyatt twice now and would definitely recommend it. Our 7 year old son loved the caves and water slides. The other activities at the resort are very good, climbing wall, table tennis, bike/pedalo hire. We didnt find the resort busy at all during the day as everyone are at the parks.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
478 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

Thank you so much! I had already made the decision to stay at hyatt so we are so excited! I agree,.. There is so much more to do at hyatt & yes, the rooms are small at hrh & expensive. Thanks again!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

I think that you will enjoy staying at the Hyatt. The hotel was just redone last year and the outdoor pool is awesome. Have a good time!

6. Re: Hard rock or hyatt grand cypress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 08:47