We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

Just curious how long it would take us to drive to Busch gardens from Kissimmee and whether it would be worth the trip. My kids do like thrill rides, but I'm wondering if its worth it to have to drive that far when there is so much to do closer to Orlando.

Domain of...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

Depends on where you are starting from in KIssimmee -

Use Mapquest or Yahoo Maps for directions and travel times.

Travel times can vary depending on I-4 traffic and I-275 traffic once you get to Tampa.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

Hi i've done this drive many times from I-Drive and it normally takes about 70 - 90 minutes.I personally think its one of the best parks to visit. Fantastic rollercoasters and and brilliant zoo all mixed together :)

UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

It will take between 60 and 90 mins depending on the traffic and where abouts in Kissimmee you are staying!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

We are staying at Windsor Hills about 2 miles from Disneyworld. Map searches are great, but I find they sometimes take you strange routes which take more time.

UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

From Kissimmee you roughly head west on the I-4 towards Tampa and it is signposted all the way. Also head that way for Clearwater which is a brill day out at the beach.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

Cool. Thanks

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

There was construction Eastbound I-4 about 15 miles East of Tampa back in Nov. don't know if this is still going on.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

The construction was still going on the week between Christmas and New Year's and didn't look that close to being done. But they had two lanes each way open and traffic was fine.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

I would ignore LDV.

To get to Busch Gardens from Kissimmee you don't need to touch the I-275.

And at one particular point, on leaving the I-4, the signs are not great. We had to stop at a garage to ask directions, the garage person said he got hundreds very day doin gthe same thing!

Having said that, it's relatively easy journey there and back because it is to the eastb of Tampa itself.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How far from Kissimmee to Busch Gardens?

The roadworks are a bit of a pain but that should not stop you. I found Busch to be a refreshing change and more like the theme park I wanted to go to. The rides are wonderful and the wet rides are true soakers - be warned. You will love it. Busch is the favourite with my kids. Great value and less sanitised than WDW.

For the adults trying out the Busch beers will also be a bonus.

The time and route may vary but whatever don't miss this one!