We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing a Sat Nav

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Purchasing a Sat Nav

Does anyone know how much Sat-Navs cost in Orlando & the best place to buy , I am wondering if it is cheaper to buy one or hire

Thanks Diane

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
1. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

www.bestbuy.com

www.target.com

and probably many more stores

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

Pbuyse", Thanks for the links

warwick
Level Contributor
476 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

They have a range for sale at Wal-mart from $89 but not all choices on the website are available in-store. If you do buy the cheaper end models they most likely will only have a S.E. USA map with them.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
4. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

You could also consider Ebay before you go, or getting one in the UK and buying maps for the US. Or, if you have an iPhone, CoPilot USA is only £20 to buy from the app store.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

Thanks , may be buying an add on map from a uk one would be better, will look into it

warwick
Level Contributor
476 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

I got a map from Tom-Tom for £30 it serves its purpose. To be honest if your only going to the parks they are really well signed so there isnt a real need for one, it all depends a lot on where you are staying.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

it was really only for Busch Gardens as I always get lost when coming out, I can find it fine but when I came out last time I must have come out of a different exit & got totally lost

Have considered the free shuttle but think it might be tying for leaving times

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

i would suggest looking on ebay i got one off there for £45 with uk and us maps. Its worth a look. we use it every year so verses the ammount of money it would be to rent one each year you can save a lot of money.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

Thanks for all the info,Just checked ebay prices quite high at the moment I will wait until after christmas , hopefully more bargains then.

10. Re: Purchasing a Sat Nav

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2010, 10:45