We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

Is Disney’s Boardwalk worth a visit, I looked at it on Google maps and it doesn’t look very big. Also are there any Disney transport boats that depart there, so we can visit other Disney resorts in the area. I know the parking is free so it might be nice to eat there one evening, can anybody recommend any of the restaurants on or near the boardwalk. Thanks…J.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,587 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

it's nice to stroll around and explore i think. if you are going soon see my post about delectable disney decorations. the boats are more so transportation to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. if you wanted to check out the hotels - Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin - i'd just walk. you can make a big circle. if you're paying, i'd choose Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish. :) as a preemptive strike, i'll go ahead and say i don't like Big River anymore (except for the beer of course).

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
25,167 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Yachtsman Steakhouse
1,266 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Flying Fish
Flying Fish
1,521 Reviews
Orlando, FL
W Yorks
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

Hi jettyman

The Boardwalk is one of my favorite areas around Disney. I love the ESPN sports bar for Hot wings, burger and chips and Key lime pie washed down by a pitcher of ice cold beer after a hard day in the parks whilst watching a dozen or so different sports on tv all over the place (even in the toilet). Outside, the boardwalk area is busy in the evening recreating the atmosphere of Atlantic city around the turn of the last century (I think thats what the advert says). You can hire a surry with a fringe on top to cycle around the board walk area. I digress, yes it's a lovely place to spend a evening IMHO. You can also catch some of the fireworks in Epcot if you stand on the foot bridge.

Mentioned in this post
Atlantic City
Atlantic City
Jersey Shore, NJ
Epcot
Epcot
25,167 Reviews
Orlando, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,463 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

YES for sure!!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

That is a big Yes.

In addition to walking around the BW, check out the hotels. I love the lobby of The Beach. Stroll thru the property of the Beach Club as well.

The boats are a nice way to travel, but walking can be as fast.

Teh BW Bakery is the best.

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

The Boardwalk is one of the best things for me to do, I love having a walk round at night with an ice cream and you can (kindof) see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom. We have also hired one of the bikes and went round the lake a couple of times.

Never do a trip to Orlando without visiting here!!!! - highly recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
60,600 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

Hi jettyman - Not much goes on at the Boardwalk during the day, it is the evening when things start happening. We enjoy going to the Beach Club and getting ice cream at Beaches & Cream. This is the home of the infamous "Kitchen Sink" sundae!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,463 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

The boats there dock at Epcot, Beach/Yacht Club, DHS, and Swan/Dolphin.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
25,167 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Minnesota
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

We watched Sunday Night Football at the ESPN club at Boardwalk this past weekend & had a fantastic time. Great food & reasonably priced. We had a large group & they sat us right up front at the jumbo big screen TV. We enjoyed our visit so much that we stayed for the entire game. Each time we go to Disney, ESPN is a must see. You can catch the bus back to your hotel at the bus stop at the Boardwalk Inn. There is also a boat from Boardwalk to Epcot until Epcot's 9:30 closing.

Mentioned in this post
ESPN Club
ESPN Club
1,006 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
25,167 Reviews
Orlando, FL
9. Re: Disney's Boardwalk, worth a visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2010, 09:45