We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

Is there a store in Orlando where I can buy one of these dolls? I just assumed I could buy one in any store but now I am second guessing myself and I promised my bf that I would get one for her daughter when we are visiting Orlando next week.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

I dont know of a store where you can buy one but I know of a nice little club in Tampa that sells them :))

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

I'm afraid you will not be able to find one in Orlando. You can only purchase American Girl dolls from their catalogues or from one of their few retail shops in Chicago, Atlanta, NYC, etc. Here's a link to their site:

store.americangirl.com/agshop/static/home.jsf

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
3. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

What are all those dolls I see in the department stores toy department especially now that Christmas is around the corner?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,025 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

Nemmis you are a very naughty wee boy ;-)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

As Cancun mentioned, American Girl dolls can only be purchased through their company. If your BF's daughter has not asked for a specific doll (Samantha, Felicity, etc.) you can purchase a "My Disney Girl" doll, at Disney World. The dolls are the same height and size and the clothes are interchangeable. My daughter has both kinds of dolls and loves to have them "share" clothes.

If you will be in Orlando (at the same hotel) for a few days, you could have an American Girl doll, shipped to your hotel.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
6. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

Hi Chuts,

"American Girl" dolls are a specific brand, like Barbie, only a Lot more expensive! LOL

No little girls in the Chuts household right now, I presume? :)

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
7. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

Maya, I'm way past that stage, LOL. But, yes, I googled American Girl doll afterwards and realized what it was all about.

You learn something new every day. :-)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,305 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

You can't buy them in Orlando-only through the website or at one of the stores.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
108 reviews
9. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

The only thing you might find is clothing that will fit and American girl doll but not be official American doll clothing. These are a great find for alternative outfits since the American girl doll clothing is pricey.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Where can I find a American girl doll in Orlando?

We have several American Girl Dolls in our household. It was such a nice tradition when my daughter was younger. Sadly, we've outgrown it this past year.

The previous posters are correct, AG dolls can only be purchased online or in one of their stores. The main ones are Chicago, New York and LA. However, they have 'Bistros" now in other locations. I went to one in Mall of America in September.

Our last Disney visit, my daughter did purchase the "My disney doll". She is the same size (close) as the AG and was dressed in a mickey mouse club outfit. She was $40 I think.

Good luck !