We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to goodings supermarket

sarnia, ontario
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travelling to goodings supermarket

My question is 2 part. We want to pick up a few things at a supermarket, including alcohol when we arrive at disney. I am presuming goodings is the closest but would be open to suggestions.

1) How much is a taxi from Port orleans riverside to goodings?

2) Is it possible to walk from downtown disney to goodings easily? It looks as though it is only about a 10 minute walk.

As I said I am open to any advice. We have had nothing but good advice from here.

Thanks

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,088 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to goodings supermarket

Its about a $15 cab fare from POR to Goodings but yes,a very easy walk from Downtown Disney. Its a pricey but excellent supermarket and open 24/7. Good wine selection and great bakery. You just walk down Hotel Plaza Blvd,there's a sidewalk. Also lots of restaurants around if you get hungry while shopping. If we are carless,we usually walk to Goodings and cab it back to the hotel

sarnia, ontario
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to goodings supermarket

Thanks so much. I think we will walk there and probably take a cab back.

galway
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to goodings supermarket

In all the times.....Never knew that. I learn something new on this every day.

Scotland
Level Contributor
331 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to goodings supermarket

Goodings is excelllent - used to shop there when staying at Lindfields - going to Highlands Reserve this time. Good to know it is still there - had a feeling it might have closed down as last time we were there it was quieter than previously - maybe with downturn!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,862 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to goodings supermarket

If you are going to the Goodings at Crossroads, and you are fit, I would suggest walking a bit further to the Winn Dixie next to Staybridge Suites.

Far bigger, and far far better prices as Goodings is a premium priced tourist store. You may want a cab back with all your stuff, or bring an empty roller suitcase with you.

galway
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to goodings supermarket

Never hear of anyone walking anywhere. Its usually bus/taxi. I love to walk, within reason. Mind you if you shop like we do will need a cab back. Definitely be checking these out

7. Re: travelling to goodings supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 10:49