We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled pass..universal studios??

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled pass..universal studios??

Does anyone know if they do one at universal studios?

I know they do one at disney which is a lifesaver for my boys who have Autism which incorporates problems with waiting and personal space issues. Would like to try US next time but dont know if they have a policy on this.

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
912 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

I not sure I'm sorry, but I should think they would offer something similar to Disney...

However, I do know from personal experience that they are very good and quick at responding to e-mails, so maybe if you drop then an e-mail via the guest services section of the website, and explain the problems your children have, they should be able to give you some help and tell you about the disabled services they offer....

Good luck... : )

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

Hi travelbug family39

My son has autism too. We get a guest assistance pass from guest services which really helps. If you go to guest services they will be happy to help. I have never been asked for doctors note or anything. Unlike Disney, it only lasts for the day which means getting a new one each time you visit the park.Hope this helps. If there is anything else i can help you with just ask. Have a great time.

Zoe

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

hi. I am interested in this also but for slightly different reasons. can anyone say what the guest assistance pass enitles you to ? thanks.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

Thanks for that zoej..we dont actually go for another 18mths!! We have been twice now with the boys and have stuck to disney, now they are a bit older and into simpsons & things we were just wondering if it is worth venturing out to universal. Just planning ahead.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

Travelug family39

Universal is a great place. Your boys will love it. All in all i think that the USA accomadate people with autism much better than here in the u.k. There is a lot more awareness of it and i have seen lots of people wearing t-shirts advertising autism support groups and i've also seen lots of cars with stickers in them that refer to autism. There have been a lot of posts on this forum about autism. You ought to do a search and you will find some great tips. Have a great time

Zoe

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

Travelug family39

Universal is a great place. Your boys will love it. All in all i think that the USA accomadate people with autism much better than here in the u.k. There is a lot more awareness of it and i have seen lots of people wearing t-shirts advertising autism support groups and i've also seen lots of cars with stickers in them that refer to autism. There have been a lot of posts on this forum about autism. You ought to do a search and you will find some great tips. Have a great time

Zoe

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

I agree..thats why we go back again and again..the sucess stories we have had there with our boys are fantastic, the doc even said he wished he could give us a yearly trip on the NHS as a week there does more for them than any therapy!

We went in May and hubby said this would have to be the last for a while but once there we had such a great time that we had to book again..so we are going for a month next time and want to incorporate some new experiences for them all.

I have been to US before many years ago, now they are into spongebob, simpsons, cat in the hat etc it seems a great move

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

Travelbug

I agree with you that there is definatly no better therapy than a trip to Florida. I would love to go for a month. We have just come back from a 2 week stay at St Pete Beach. We hope to go back to Orlando next year. The jimmy Neutron and spiderman rides are also great attractions for your boys. My son also likes the simpsons, so if we go next year that will definatly be the first ride he goes on. Do your boys like Harry Potter? I believe there is a Harry Potter land opening there next year.

p.s are you flying with virgin? If so,people with autisn get priority check-in and boarding. It was such a help to us

zoe

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

no kids dont like harry potter but I do and Im hoping that one will be open when we get there!

Yes go with virgin everytime, last visit had problems and wasnt satified with the answer from them but have booked again anyway. They have quite a while before we go again (Got to save those pennies..or should I say pounds)

Really am getting quite a disney expert but want to try something new. Its hard with 4 kids, 2 with autism (High functioning) one is classed as severe and the other has tourettes as well as autism which makes for a very interesting combination! do you speak from experience yourself?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Disabled pass..universal studios??

Yes, my son is 11. He has high functioning autism. I feel he is better excepted in america than here in the U.K. He is absolubtly fascinated with Florida and knows almost all the street names and roads. Oh, and places to eat!!!! Whereabouts in England are you from? I have actually met a lovely lady on this forum whose child has autism. It turned out that she lived less than a mile away from me.

zoe