We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

london
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

Hi everyone,

We are driving a hire car from Sanford to I-drive in June & as we are 1st timers we will be taking SR-417 and then SR-528. As these are toll roads can anyone tell me:

-how many tolls we can expect to go through?

-how much a car is?

-how easy is this route? (we r staying the north end of I-Drive)

Thanks x

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

the exact amount I'm not sure of. I believe on SR 417 it's 4-5 toll plaza's you'll go through, at maybe 75 cents to $1 each.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

Coming from Sanford you can just take I-4 east to the I-Drive area, getting off at Sand Lake Rd.

No tolls in that highway, but traffic might be more congested depending on what time of day you are driving.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

Or maybe I-4 West towards Orlando and Tampa!

We always use the 417, very quiet and there are 5 tolls. First one not long after you leave the airport and join the 417 is $2 then the others are 2x$1 and 2x50c. If you leave the 417 at junction 6 signposted Lake Buena Vista and turn right you are at the bottom end of International Drive. Then it's a scenic trawl up I-Drive to your hotel which can take up to 15 minutes.

I-4 is more direct and more convenient for the north end of I-Drive (junction 75 or 74 as I recall) and no tolls.

I-4 can be a nightmare in traffic, cars and lorries undertake as well as overtake, change lanes without a second glance and my missus reckons I-4 is scarier than Tower of Terror! Me, I like the thrills!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

The Orlando - Orange County Expressway Authority (the people who run most of the toll roads in Orlando) have a toll calculator at:

https:/…tollcalculator.shtml

Based on this, the total tolls from Exit 49 - Lake Mary Blvd. on SR 417 to Exit 1 - International Drive is $3.75. Considering the traffic on I-4 and the construction in Downtown Orlando, it would be best to take the toll roads. If you are renting (or hire) a car and plan to drive on the toll roads frequently, see if they offer a SunPass or E-Pass. It will make the drive much easier from Sanford.

london
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

Thank you all very muchfor your help & advice x

6. Re: How much are the Tolls on SR-417 & SR-528

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 07:46