We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*************Does I - Ride Trolley go to Universal? ********

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Topic
*************Does I - Ride Trolley go to Universal? ********

How close does the I R Trolley get 2 Universal? Iwill be staying at the International Plaza.

Taxi Cost ??

I Ride 2 furthest point n then get taxi ?

I pretty sure this hotel doesnt provide a Shuttle Bus to universal.?In 1 brochure it says buses to both Disney & Universal but all the other brochures say Disney only.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: *************Does I - Ride Trolley go to Universal? ********

www.iridetrolley.com This shows the routes for the I-Ride Trolley.

It does not actually hit Universal. One of the lines stops at Major Blvd, and you can walk from there. Also, you can walk from the closest stop to Wet n' Wild on Universal Blvd, crossing over I-4. Walking is of course more practical during the day than at night.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,986 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: *************Does I - Ride Trolley go to Universal? ********

Why not take LYNX bus instead? This DOES go right into the Universal Parking Garage and costs $1.75 each one way.

Take Bus 8 (frequent) going N on I-Drive. Pay $1.75 and ask for a transfer (ticket).

Alight in either of two places:

- first stop right after I-Drive crosses Sand Lake Rd. Walk back around the corner onto Sand Lake Rd. There, get on Bus 21 to Universal (use the "transfer" ticket instead of paying again).

OR

- stop after WetNWild. Cross the street and take Lynx 37 to Universal.

Come back either way - whichever turns up first.

-----------------------------------

In fact, why not buy a LYNX weekly pass for $14 and use LYNX to get about where the trolley doesn't go (shopping malls, Kissimmee, etc etc....), where the trolley DOES go (Lynx 8 and 42 cover almost exactly the same route) and to get places your shuttle WILL go, but at times when it doesn't?

LYNX 50 goes to Disney every 30 minutes, for example, all day, every day..........

-----------------------------------

You can download detailed schedules for the services I've mentioned and all the others at

www.golynx.com

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: *************Does I - Ride Trolley go to Universal? ********

Just be prepared that if you take the I-trolley and then walk to Universal Studios, it's over a mile walk between the trolley stop and the theme parks. At the end of the day it will feel like it's ten miles.

Belfast
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: *************Does I - Ride Trolley go to Universal? ********

My mum and I left our hotel near Sea World at around 8am and got the I-ride to Wet'n'Wild. We crossed over and walked in the crisp morning air down to Universal and it was one of the nicest walks we'd done. It's a long trek though so be warned but at that hour of the day i.e. pre-9am it was beautiful.

5. Re: *************Does I - Ride Trolley go to Universal? ********

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 06:48