We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Busy is Universal Studios in January??

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
427 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How Busy is Universal Studios in January??

I am planning a trip to universal with the family in late January(25-30). Do we need to be concerned about crowds at this time? Are the weekends busy, as we will be there over the weekend?

Any info would be great.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How Busy is Universal Studios in January??

Hey nld it's nice to see a fellow Canadian going to Florida, I am heading there myself from Jan 26th - Feb 2nd.

All the reading I have done and opinions from people indicate that all the parks are pretty slow during this time, in fact, it's supposed to be the slowest time of the year in Orlando, so you should worry about crowds as much. Apparently the week-ends can still get fairly busy, as the locals head to the parks, but it no way compares to going March Break or during the summer.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,352 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Busy is Universal Studios in January??

Yes, weekends can still be busy even at that time of year. The secret is to get to the parks before they open and be ready to run when the "chain is dropped" to allow entry.

If you have apprehensions about crowds, you can always purchase the Express Pass which will give you one "front of the line" access per ride in each of the Universal parks.

Hint: Islands of Adventure is more popular than Studios, so if you can do it on a non-weekend day, that would be best.

3. Re: How Busy is Universal Studios in January??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 16:54