We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Vistana Resort

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
563 posts
4 reviews
13 helpful votes
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Save

We are a retired couple, seeking escape from the cold winter in the north. We are interval members with access to getaway weeks and are attempting to decide whether this property, at a reasonable cost for us, is a good choice to spend the month of January. Just having warmer weather and access to pools will be great. But we are wondering just how crazy busy the property may be in January...we love kids, but hope to also have an opportunity for some quiet and rest. Also, are the units updated? It also seems some buildings have a few floors, but no elevators? Can anyone provide specifics and give us an idea of what we might expect here in January? So far it is our only good option for booking back to back weeks. Thank you.

5 replies to this topic
Va
Level Contributor
14,813 posts
16 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort
Save

It is a great resort. It is close to Disney so there will be kids. The first week of Jan will be insane from the Christmas/New Years crowd and business will pick up for MLK weekend. That basically leaves 2 weeks of relative quiet. SVR is a good choice. There may be better if you are looking for less kids and less noise. Marriott Lake shore would probably top that list. It is adjacent to the J.W/Ritz and is out of the traditional resort area. Marriott Cypress Harbour probably wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
47,287 posts
130 reviews
323 helpful votes
2. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort
Save

Check reviews, which are varying between good and bad recently, but then again, many resorts in the area have been receiving bad reviews this year mainly due to lack of staff issues.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d115389-Reviews-Sheraton_Vistana_Resort_Villas_Lake_Buena_Vista_Orlando-Orlando_Florida.html

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
8,920 posts
31 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort
Save

And be aware that "warmer weather and access to pools.", can be iffy at that time of the year.

We do get cold (probably for you, "cooler") weather here in the Dec - Feb. So access to pool may amount to sitting by it, with long pants and a jacket 🙂.

Not saying it will be cooler, as January can be a warm, pleasant time of the year -- being here for a month, definitely would increase the chance of some nice, warm sunny days, during your stay.

Paramaribo, Suriname
Level Contributor
120 posts
13 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort
Save

Sheraton Vistana Resort is maybe the best Orlando option on Interval International. Together with Sheraton Vistana Villages and the Marriott Vacation clubs they are the best resorts on Interval, however Vistana Resort is for some reason a little bit cheaper most of the time. And also has the most availability. It also has 7 pools. Some fun pools for kids but also some more traditional pools

Curitiba, PR
6 posts
5. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort
Save

I usually use Interval for my Disney Trips. Both Sheratons are great, but Marriot's Resorts are my first option when available, less kids, more luxury. I'll be staying at SVR next month, Marriot's were not available for my dates.

Reply to: Sheraton Vistana Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.