We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Disney parks?

2 posts
Which Disney parks?

We are taking our 3 kids to Disney World over spring break (I know, worst time). We've never been there, and this may be our chance to go, so I would love some advice on which parks to visit based on their ages, boys almost 7 and 9, girl almost 3. I thought we would do one day at each park but I think we'll be exhausted so we may only do 2 park days. Any suggestions? Thank you!

14 replies to this topic
canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Which Disney parks?

i would recommend magic kingdom. this was the first park we did as a first timer and really enjoyed it. to me its like welcoming to disney with the castle etc. its a big park and def not one that can be done in a day but you can still see a fair bit in a day. as for a second park i personally loved animal kingdom. loved all the animals and of course pandora. one park id prob avoid with little kids is epcot. my niece 11 and nephew 7 were bored and didnt enjoy it. not enough rides for them.

pa
Level Contributor
55,255 posts
2. Re: Which Disney parks?

Welcome to the forum

Agree the Magic Kingdom is must, for sure. Will also second the recommendation of the Animal Kingdom. It can seem like a lot for a first timer but all the Parks are well worth a visit. You don’t have to spend sun up to sundown in each Park so don’t rule out visiting all 4. Here is a helpful planning site www.wdwinfo.com/wdwplan.htm

Not sure of your exact dates but you can enjoy a lot even if you are there the week before or after Easter, just spend some time exploring your options and make a plan to fit your family’s needs

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41,021 posts
670 reviews
3. Re: Which Disney parks?

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom

Texas
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
295 reviews
4. Re: Which Disney parks?

I would almost just say MK both days and thoroughly enjoy it!

I know you are there for a short visit, but we always allow 2 days for MK when there for about 6 days. Sometimes another half day.

It is the most iconic of the four.

You could do Epcot for a nice contrast & being Spring Break, it is absolutely beautiful during Spring Break for Flower and Garden Festival!!!

I like the other parks as well, but these are still my favorites and cannot imagine not doing these.

AK has FOP, but I didn’t do so well on it. Also we were doing 6 park days and by placing AK toward the end of our stay, were able to get FPs for it. Otherwise the line is nuts. We didn’t want to do rope drop.

HS has TSL which I have read is crazy crowded. So much so that people pay an extra fee to do it early.

The rest of the park is in transition and Star Wars is under construction. So for a shorter stay I would skip it entirely.

I say double days MK or MK & then Epcot.

Don’t let Spring Break scare you. That is the only time we go.

Is it crowded? Yes.

So be prepared. Preferably staying somewhere that allows you to get your initial 3 FPs 60 days in advance.

Do a little research though and see if Epcot interests you. Opinions vary. I love it! Did I mention how beautiful it is that time of year?! Oh yeah, I did, lol.

Edited: 13 November 2018, 18:19
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,104 posts
96 reviews
5. Re: Which Disney parks?

How many actual "park days" will you have available during your visit?

There's no reason, if you have at least six full days, you can't work in all four WDW theme parks. Park hopper tickets will help, obviously.

2 posts
6. Re: Which Disney parks?

Thanks so much for your help! We will have 4 days available to go to parks, I just wasn't sure if we should try and cram everything in or take a resort day in between, etc.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: Which Disney parks?

No need to cram -- but all 4 parks are worth visiting.

No need to go commando with kids, just enjoy each park. We stay 10-12 days often and rarely have a resort day and never feel stressed, some do I guess.

We stay on site which makes it easier to head back to the resort in the afternoons when things get too crowded.

Melksham, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Which Disney parks?

I would avoid Epcot based on the ages of your children. My 13 & 10 year old both hated it.

All other 3 parks would be worth a visit with MK taking priority. Animal kingdom has lots to offer. the safari will be enjoyed by all, Pandora is lovely and Everest if there are any thrill seekers (and you meet the height requirement). Hollywood Studios has Toy Story Land which appeals to all, Star Wars attractions if that appeals to any of you and again Tower of Terror & Rock n Roller for the thrill seekers.

Lots of people are quick to advise against HS but it was our favorite park after MK. We went 3 times during our 10 night stay at Disney this year (couldn't get enough of ToT & Star Tours). It is classed as a "half day park" and admittedly there aren't as many attractions as MK but this might work in your favor, if your concerned about more then 2 full on park days then i'd plan a full day each at MK & AK and then a slower/half day at HS.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
188 reviews
9. Re: Which Disney parks?

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

I'd just caution that with Hollywood Studios, your 3 year old will be sitting out on a lot because of all the height restrictions. If watching her brothers go on a bunch of stuff she can't will be an issue, I'd steer clear of that park or separate and tour it as two groups so she doesn't see what she is missing out on.

Texas
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
295 reviews
10. Re: Which Disney parks?

If you do decide to go with all 4, maybe save HS for last as it has less attractions now, so IMO is more easily managed.

You could do a later start bc of this, or although I am not a fan of paying extra, you might want to purchase the following bc you only get to pick one attraction for FP in TSL & I hear lines are long:

https:/…

We ususlly spend 5 to 7 days at the parks with no resort break.

If the youngest gets tired, have a late lunch and let that be your “break.” There is so much to see and do and so little time! I don’t like the time eaten up by returning to the resort.

Of course I am one who loves the parks and wants to go, go, go. Everyone has their own style.

Plan properly, get your FPs. Be aware that the FOP FPs at AK are harder to get for a short stay.

Enjoy!

Edited: 13 November 2018, 23:27
Reply to: Which Disney parks?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted