We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place close to Disney

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
470 posts
73 reviews
Place close to Disney

Hello,

We are thinking of traveling to Disney in April of next year. We would be traveling with two people over 60, then four adults in their 30’s and two children (3 & 6). Ideally I would prefer to stay on the Disney property but the prices are extremely ridiculous and most rooms would not accommodate our group size. I’m thinking an offsite property in the vicinity of Disney would be the best option. This way each adult couple could have their own bedroom. Then we could cook meals if necessary. Also, I was thinking of somewhere close so that it wouldn’t be too difficult if someone wanted to go back to the condo. Does anyone have suggestions on a nice 3 bedroom condo close to Disney? We would like the place we stay to have nice amenities (nice resort pool for the kids and maybe some nice walking trails and views on property, close to restaurants that might be convenient to walk to). Not sure where to begin! We have made a trip to Disney before but it was in 2008. We stayed close to Downtown Disney and it seemed pretty convenient to everything. We do not have a specific budget. I’m thinking maybe $300-$400 a night? Not sure if that is realistic for our size group.

Thanks for any feedback!

12 replies to this topic
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,988 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Place close to Disney

Try the Sheraton Vistana locations to see if either of them would suit you as both are reasonably close to the WDW property?

Will you have a rental vehicle?

A villa in Kissimmee might work as well, but you'd need a vehicle for sure.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
470 posts
73 reviews
2. Re: Place close to Disney

We are driving in for this trip and we will have two cars with us. I will check out the property that you have suggested.

Thank you!

Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Place close to Disney

Hi Traveler ;-) there is also "Parc Corniche" Condo's which are down at the Premium Outlets, here is their site:

https:/…

Cheers ;-) Wullie

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
470 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: Place close to Disney

Thank you! I’ll check that one too.

Any thoughts on the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa? There are 3 and 4 bedroom suites that seem priced right and can accommodate all of us.

Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Place close to Disney

Wyndham Bonnet Creek has 2,3,and 4 bedrooms and is actually in the Disney area!

We go there every year. We love it.

Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Place close to Disney

BTW, I just paid 2100$ for ten days next May. That is 210$ a night, what a deal.

You can even see the fireworks from your balcony it is that close to Epcot and HS.

That is for a three bedroom condo.

Edited: 07 October 2018, 19:18
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
470 posts
73 reviews
7. Re: Place close to Disney

Thanks, I’ll check out the Bonnet Creek.

The other two suggestions didn’t have room choices that would work for our party. It seems it was mainly two bedroom suites.

Since we have 6 adults, we would like each adult couple to have a private bedroom. Preferably all king suites but not necessary. And after reading more reviews on Lake Buena Vista Resort, I’m not sure that would work either. Some reviews are not the best. We kinda want a more luxury feel for this trip with our accommodations. And we love amenities so some of us have the option to just hang around the resort and relax.

I appreciate all of your feedback!

Thanks everyone!

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Place close to Disney

Sheraton Vistana Villas suits all your needs.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
470 posts
73 reviews
9. Re: Place close to Disney

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We are holding off. April during Easter doesn’t excite any of us. We are considering another time. We have enjoyed October in the past. We may do that or we are thinking we may try somewhere after Thanksgiving but before Christmas. Not sure! But Disney is off the table for Easter and we will look for another type of family vacation at the beginning of the year.

Thank you!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,254 posts
1 review
10. Re: Place close to Disney

Mardi Gras is late this year so you'd miss the worse of the Predidents Day crowds but be well ahead of the Easter craziness. We went in 2014 around that same time and it was definitely workable.

Reply to: Place close to Disney
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted