We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Drive

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
637 posts
259 reviews
International Drive

Thinking of staying on I drive for our 2 week stay as i think it has more going on for us.

We are a family of 3 with a 5 year old and spending our time over at disney but can't afford to stay on site.

Will I drive be ok or too far away?

9 replies to this topic
South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
637 posts
259 reviews
1. Re: International Drive

I should have said day times in disney with late afternoons round the pool and evenings out for food.

We need somewhere with easy access to restaurants etc on an evening

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
976 posts
238 reviews
2. Re: International Drive

An I-Drive hotel versus an apartment / villa rented from owner are similarly priced, you might even get a small villa for that and can save loads by eating breakfast in rather than out. Dinner too for that matter, most communities have a strip mall nearby with the usual suspects and other eateries, for nights you do decide to eat out.

Distance from, forget about it and just accept it then select the best on budget accommodation for you. Every short term rental area is stated as fifteen minutes away from Disney, they sort of are and the best balance in my opinion is around the intersection of the 429 toll road and 192. Older properties but still acceptable are abundant and surrounded by ‘stuff’. Yes I-Drive is tourist targeted but you can drive there in no time at all, with a five year old you won’t be dancing on the bar tables anyway. 😁

US
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: International Drive

I would look in Lake Buena Vista instead. There are restaurants there. It will be more convenient for your commute.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
637 posts
259 reviews
4. Re: International Drive

We holiday a lot with our little one so she is used to travelling and we do go out at night and she enjoys it so we just need an area with bars and restaurants nearby. We aren't that fussed about eating in all the time. Don't mind breakfast but we like to go out for dinner on an evening

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
652 posts
163 reviews
5. Re: International Drive

Are you planning to hire a car?

US
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: International Drive

Pretty much anything you wanted on I-Drive is a chain that you can find elsewhere. It's just not as good of a base as LBV or Disney Springs would be.

Consider a suite hotel because that's a lot of days to be in a cramped hotel room. Homewood Suites, Embrassy Suites, Staybridge Suites, Residence Inn. Hilton Bonnet Creek is worth a look too.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,262 posts
1 review
7. Re: International Drive

Will you have a car? Transportation between I Drive and WDW can be either pricey, inconvenient or very time consuming. Uber is around $20 each way, more or less depending on time of day and your exact location on I Drive. Hotel shuttles on I Drive normally run only a few times a day and it's a looong ride involving multiple transfers on the Lynx public bus system.

When I'm not driving I like I Drive for Universal and SeaWorld but prefer Lake Buena Vista for the Disney parks. Disney Springs is nice for the evenings although a bit pricier than the bars and restaurants on I Drive.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
637 posts
259 reviews
8. Re: International Drive

Yes we will have a car

Scarborough
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: International Drive

We stayed on I drive earlier this year a lot of hotels offer a shuttle service to Disney saving on the parking fees I would recommend staying near pointe or the icon wheel plenty of choices of restaurants and bars around these arias and all a short walking distance away handy with a young child,

We have also stayed at a villa it has its advantages own pool / quieter but you do usually need to drive to get to restaurants

Reply to: International Drive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted