We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney dining plan question

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Disney dining plan question

Hi

We have the Disney dining plan and have a couple of reservations at the more expensive restaurants like Narcoossee. So I know this will use two credits but is there a set cash amount that’s allocated to each meal. So e.g an allowance of $50 dollars per entree and then pay the extra if it was over this? If so is this stated on the menu?

My other question is, if the entree and sides are separate on the menu, do you get both included on the plan. I’m assuming you don’t need to pay extra for the side dish.

Thanks for your help

8 replies to this topic
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Disney dining plan question

I have booked a couple of 2 credit restaurants and have looked into the question of what you can have. Basically you can have any entree and dessert you want, so to max out your credit choose the most expensive thing you like on the menu.

The only exception I have found was a $145 steak for two which was clearly stated on the menu was extra on dining plan.

I havent found any other exceptions although they may exsist as I havent looked at all restaurants. I am sure they would be clearly marked up too.

There is steaks for two on the dining plan but these would cost 2 credits each.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 15:44
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,813 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Disney dining plan question

On the regular dining plan, each guest can choose one entree, one beverage and one dessert. All "sides" and appetizers will be an additional fee. There is no specific amount assigned to your entree. Most items are included in your plan, unless otherwise noted on the menu; such as the "steak for two" as Clarktoppcat mentioned.

Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant at Disney! Enjoy!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,725 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Disney dining plan question

We’ve had the steak & lobster tail at Narcoossees with the DDP on the two occasions we had it:-):-)

That said it was over 5 years ago, so I’m not sure if things have changed since.

We get the TIW card instead now as we get better value from that:-):-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Disney dining plan question

As far as I know, the only restrictions are meals designed for 2.

All meals will include some sort of sides, so those listed are genuine extras.

Just remember that you still need to tip as though you are paying, so if you choose the most expensive options then the tip could be quite substantial!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Disney dining plan question

We have reservations for STK which is two dining credits. It just states a type of steak, it doesn’t say any sides included with it so not all of them come with sides, at least it’s not stated that way on the menu so how would it work here? For two dining credits I’d expect a side with it else it’s probably worth just paying for it and using the two dining credits separately somewhere else. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
181 reviews
6. Re: Disney dining plan question

Based on the photos on the STK review page and the fact that all the non-steak entrees do have sides specifically listed, I'd say the steaks do not come with sides.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
181 reviews
7. Re: Disney dining plan question

Too late to edit - this review on Disney Food Blog specifically notes as a negative that sides are not covered by the Disney Dining Plan

disneyfoodblog.com/2017/…

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,813 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Disney dining plan question

Correct. Sides and appetizers, listed individually on the menu, are an additional fee; on dining plan or out-of-pocket. This is a common practice at steak houses and high end dining venues throughout the country. Plan accordingly.

Reply to: Disney dining plan question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted