We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International drive to Kissimmee

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
31 reviews
International drive to Kissimmee

Hi we are not sure about staying at international drive or Kissimee.I have been twice and stayed on the drive . But Hubby wants to go and see the car and bike shows that are in Kissimee at night .If I stayed on the drive how far is it from Kissimee and is there plenty of places to park there please ?

Dundee
Level Contributor
192 posts
1. Re: International drive to Kissimmee

I'm assuming the car & bike shows you mention are at Old Town. Before you go there, check out some of the posts on here (and the Kissimmee forum) about this area. It used to be a very nice, quaint place with speciality shops and an old carousell. But according to many posters, it's gone down hill recently with some strongly recommending you avoid it.

It not a problem getting to Hwy 192 from I-Drive if you have a car and a half decent map.

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: International drive to Kissimmee

The Southern end of I-Drive ends at 192 almost in front of Oldtown so all you have to do is drive South on I-Drive to get there. How far is going to depend on where your staying on I-Drive. The shows are only Friday and Saturday Nights.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: International drive to Kissimmee

Thanks for that yes it is the car shows on a Friday and Satuday Im interested in ? Do you thinks its better to stay on international drive then Kissimmee ?

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: International drive to Kissimmee

It depends on what else your going to be doing while in Florida, your only talking about a 15 minute ride if your at the very North end of I-Drive to get to Oldtown, I myself think the area around Oldtown is nicer that the I-Drive area but thats just me, you do have a car right?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: International drive to Kissimmee

There's a gap in I-Drive going to Kissimmee. It ends at the 417 toll interchange with 536. Take a right from I-Drive (when you can't go any farther) on 536, then take a left on 535 (next light) and I-Drive south starts up again shortly; just take a right on it.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: International drive to Kissimmee

Hi yes will have a car

7. Re: International drive to Kissimmee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 10:49